Brill camp site in Bath

Solentlady

Hi to one and all,

Just thought I would let you know what a great site we found in Bath,Avon

its in Brass Mill lane, off the Newbridge Road.

A warm welcome from the site manager, and facilities were very clean.

very quite, and a park and ride bus stop practically 3 minute walk away, by the Boat House pub, into Bath City center.

We have only had our Homer the Hymer for 8 weeks, and what a diffrence its made to our lives. We are now off to France on Saturday on our first trip abroad with him, armed with our Aires in France book, lol

Will let you all know how we got on when we come back.

Kind regards,

Solentlady!

Sorry to jump in, but I was born in Baff so's I kno the answer. It is the Marina park and it is very convenient cos you can cycle along the towpath right into town.

There is another site, - accessible from The Newton St Low road, - it is beautifully kept and a paradise for bird watchers, but not so convenient for getting into town.

Both are quite pricey at £20 or so a night.

I was reading threads about enlightened councils opening Aires and I can't help thinking that there is a brilliant spot for motorhomes right in the middle of Bath. The cricket club carpark has a lovely wide grass verge that m/h's could reverse up to and take no more space than would a car. The 24hr parking tarriff is about £14, not bad to park in the centre of a world heritage site and about 3mins walk to the Roman Baths

Sadly the jobswurfs have beaten us to it and on the board to which the pay&display meter is attached are the fateful words "No Motorcaravans"

Shall we have a rally there and cause a stir?

The good folk of Bath are agonising over how to develop a brownfield site where once stood the engineering factory of Stothert & Pitt and the gas works. It has about 3/4 mile of river frontage. What a great place for an Aire thought I, but the submitted plans (for what looks like a billion flats in tower blocks) don't even show room to moor a narrow boat so I'm not getting too excited about the prospect.

Archived