Problems with ICE

Guest Will Redfearn, Wirral Motorhome Club

> > Hi everyone, that ICE thing on mobiles, might be a scam. Below is > > the >text of > > an e-mail. I don't think it is worth risking. > > > > The email that's gone round saying put ICE then a contact number in case >of > > emergency? Well don't do it. > > > > Be very careful with this one - although the intention is great it might > > possibly be phase one of a phone based virus. Passing it on is part > > of >the > > virus, such is the deviousness of the people who write these things. > > > > We have already seen the "second phase" where a program is sent as > > part >of >a > > ring-tone download that goes into your address book and looks for >something it > > recognises - you've guessed it, an address book entry marked "ICE or >I.C.E." > > or whatever. It then sends itself to the "ICE list", charging you > > for >the > > privilege. > > > > Until this is proven it is best to change it back until it's > > confirmed >either > > way. > > > > > >

Guest Nick Miller
Should you have sent this to the Booker Modern Poetry Forum,Will,or perhaps you or your computer are poorly. The gist seems to be that i best not switch on my mobile phone till you tell me. Nick PS If Will's message appears on your screen in his normal cogent style without the attractive border of weasel or stoat spoor then i apologise,unreservedly and take back my glib comments. NM

Guest PeteC
hanks Will SO far havent put it in. As the missus said we already have 'Home' in and 'Docs' So they should most likely try those & Doc is a personal friend Glad I didnt forward it to Sis in NZ

Guest Clive
I think you lot are paranoyic! (I cannot spell either) I have done just that and think its a good idea! All the best from ICE1

Sorry for the format I just copied and pasted from the email I received from Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service.

Guest David
Hi Guys, ICE I have checked up today on ICE it seem it has been going for some months now and interestingly enouhg it was started by a Fire and Rescue person. It has been adopted by many Large organisations and local emergency services. I think Clive is right some people are Paronoic about anything if it moves, breaths, or is a little out of the ordinary. ITS ABOUT TIME WE ALL STOOD UP AND WERE COUNTED there are too many manby pambys and people looking for compensation out there. Whate happened to the backbone of the BRITISH. OK I know its a Motorhome Forum so I will shut up know. COME THE REVOLUTION. David

I have since been advised that this is an urban myth. ICV seems to be OK. Further details key in 'Snoops' into Google for further info.

Archived