Do you own a new Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen base vehicle?

Administrator

Re-posted due to previous thread going WAY off-piste:

"With several forum threads suggesting problems with new Fiat X250-based motorhomes (and those based on its Peugeot/Citroen siblings), MMM is endeavouring to collect and collate the facts in order to give us a solid basis for an in-depth investigation. If you have personally had a problem, then we’d like to know. Tell us make and model of motorhome, engine size, gearbox fitted (5 or 6 speed), date purchased, nature of problem, and whether or not the problem has been resolved (if resolved, whether by your motorhome dealer or a franchised garage). E-mail our deputy editor: rachels@warnersgroup.co.uk including a picture if you have one...

Thanks

Rachel

OAL Moderator - 2007-08-13 9:03 AM

Re-posted due to previous thread going WAY off-piste:

"With several forum threads suggesting problems with new Fiat X250-based motorhomes (and those based on its Peugeot/Citroen siblings), MMM is endeavouring to collect and collate the facts in order to give us a solid basis for an in-depth investigation. If you have personally had a problem, then we’d like to know. Tell us make and model of motorhome, engine size, gearbox fitted (5 or 6 speed), date purchased, nature of problem, and whether or not the problem has been resolved (if resolved, whether by your motorhome dealer or a franchised garage). E-mail our deputy editor: rachels@warnersgroup.co.uk including a picture if you have one...

Thanks

Rachel

I read somewhere on the forum, that the water ingress into the engine compartment was only cosmetic and not a health & safety problem.

Well chaps and chapesses, have a gander at http://tinyurl.com/2hvq5r ,it seems the same problem happens to vauxhall's and they are bursting into flames see http://tinyurl.com/ynwjsf .

I called at a local MH sales over the weekend, they were washing one of the new Fiat MH's, I asked the guy to open the bonnet, you just wouldn't believe the amount of water flooding over every engine component and electrical system, of course the salesman said I have never heard of that happening before - I'm sure his nose was getting longer.......

Regards Terry

Terrytraveller - 2007-08-20 4:29 PM

I read somewhere on the forum, that the water ingress into the engine compartment was only cosmetic and not a health & safety problem.

Regards Terry

That might have been one of mine Terry. I heard from our owners' club that Fiat (Peugeot etc.) do not intend to issue a recall because they consider it "not a safety issue".

They would though, wouldn't they if there's any chance of getting away with it.

Archived