stopover on way to newquay

KD

You could try the CC site at Baltic Wharf in Bristol. Not the cheapest site in the country, but worth a night there. If you get there early enough get the water taxi to the city centre. We did it in May and we will go back there for t'weekend..... one day!

Because it's handy for the M5 you can be on your way smartish next day.

there is a motorhome stop over at highbridge in a boat yard.

i have never used it myself or even seen it for that mater, but it is in this months mmm.

also cl at burnham on sea cheap and quiet, come of at jnt 21, over roundabout towards b-o-s turn left at cider farm on left (not to fussy about the 5 van rule)

pete

robin - 2007-08-14 9:06 PM You could try the Cornish Farm site in Taunton - very pleasant, close to the M5 and fairly cheap (it is where Van Bitz, the motorhome alarm people are) http://www.cornishfarm.com/

Also try "Ashe Farm" just off the M5. Instead of turning right towards Taunton, turn left and follow the camping signs. The site is just up a little lane behind the "Nags Head" pub off the main dual carriageway.

Very quite!! It's in the C&CC book.

Thai

hi we went new quay at xmas and just a few weeks ago, we always stop at Burnham on sea (Brean sands) If you want a nice clean site warren farm, Brean is good, but you must book. Over the road and you are on the beach (Fantatic beach) busy site very commercial If you want a cheap quiet site with no booking try the Rugby club Burnham facilities are basic basic basic Peak price £12 per night inc electric but you dont have to book and no shortage of spaces, its only a 15 min walk into town, and the beach. Or take van onto Somerfield car park and there are designated Motorhome spaces. To get to Rugby club take Junction 21 or 22 (Cant remember which) to Burnham on sea at round about Tesco on left turn right (also brown signs show Rugby club) continue for 1/2 mile its there on left,)

thanks for all the advice all sound nice sites, but i havnt explained myself enough. we are setting off from nottingham about 5pm want to travel until about 9pm get the kids of to sleep, maybe watch tv for a hour, have a can of stella then get to sleep. to get straight off in the morning. first come first served at newquay site so dont want last remaining pitch. more a place just to kip than an actual site i was looking for.

dean

Archived