introduction to forum

josielynne

hi there, after a few years of talking about buying a motorhome we eventually bought one last month. Hoping to get heaps of information and help from this site as beginners.

We are from the North of Scotland, a town called Elgin.

We are going to the Motorhome Show in York next month, looking through this forum we have now decided to take your advice and bring along our wellies.will keep you informed of how we got on as first timers. :-)

hi josie - welcome to the lunatic asylum :D :D :D :D

been to elgin - good spot [pity about the marbles tho :$ ]

it doesn't always rain in York , tho it usually manages it just for the show!

you should be able to pick up lots of info from other 'loonies' there - we're planning on just going for a day - should be back from the Netherlands/Belgium / Luxembourg / N France just in time.

also a good opportunity to pick up 'accessories' aka toys

don't know how big your van is but for compact cooking you could do worse than look at D&F Promotions double skillet - their demo is usually impressive - just wish I could remember half of it :D

B-)

HI twooks, thanks for the welcome, here if we can handle the loonies fae Elgin I'm sure we can handle other loonies. We have booked for three days at York, hope that's not too long?

I'ts a 6 berth, as we have 3 kids but only two will bw coming. We are hoping to do the South of France next year.

:-)

it's easy to get into york from the show, most picturesque route would be to walk along the Ouse and there's lots to do and see -[don't recommend Jorvik tho - the queues >:-) >:-) >:-) and the cost] >:-) ]

best get hold of a tourist map -[ with P+R shown - at least 3 will take motorhomes - not that you should need it on this run]

http://www.york360.co.uk/shopping-in-york.htm

http://www.visityork.org/

and you'll love France - and Germany - and Belgium - and Luxembourg and al

B-)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived