Which Other Forums?

BGD

the tortoise - 2007-08-28 7:51 PM

So what do you do in the real world Ray?

Hi John [the tortoise] ................ I try and avoid the "Real World".

Only because you asked..........We run monthly Mhome/Caravan tours into Moroccan, also MHome/Caravan tours into inland Andalucia and hire Mhomes for Fly-Drive out of Malaga..........

As I type [work] the comp shows 99deg in Malaga..........at 10.45!! That's the down side of life in Southern Spain. It was to hot today to do urgent work on a vehicle going out tomorrow.....so its a very late night tonight.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest caraprof

Go to the grave in an attractive and well preserved body? Rather skid in sideways, women on each arm, champagne and credit card in each hand, body thoroughly used, abused, totally worn out and screaming …."WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE"

Signatures on this forum are geting more and more ridiculous. Some of them are longer than the bloody posts!

michele - 2007-08-29 5:20 PM

Thats not a bad idea you wouldn't want to be bored reading this lot .

Try counting car wheels instead I,m sure you will find plenty of them. ;-)

changing the subject totaly as is the norm, michele you lookl different have you been working out

caraprof - 2007-08-29 10:21 PM

Go to the grave in an attractive and well preserved body? Rather skid in sideways, women on each arm, champagne and credit card in each hand, body thoroughly used, abused, totally worn out and screaming …."WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE"

Signatures on this forum are geting more and more ridiculous. Some of them are longer than the bloody posts!

Especially if you keep quoting them .... (lol) (lol)

I can't help it,but is it that detourer advertises heavily on the MHF and Peedee is a mod on that site that they do have a rather biased view????. I wouldn't get too carried away wuth the numbers quoted on that site either, look carefully and you will see that they don't always tally. Also the owner does recognise that he does need input from knowledgeable people so offers them free membership!.

caraprof wrote............"Another wonderful example!"

'evening Frank

Saw this on a BBC news release 13/7/07.........

"Older adults, because they may have deficits in some cognitive areas, may have a harder time understanding what a joke is about "

Professor Brian Carpenter

Never mind........ (lol)

fjmike - 2007-08-29 12:04 AM

I can't help it,but is it that detourer advertises heavily on the MHF....... have a rather biased view????. !.

Rather fjmike...............After 27 years in the business perhaps I know where the best place to advertise is ;-) [also mmm mag!].

detourer - 2007-08-29 7:49 AM

Codes?

This site is no different from MHF [and a few others] with the trivia.

You acn almost always tell from the heading what content is about i.e. I only opened "Earlt Birds" once.........Just don't look if it bothers.

It obviously dont bother most on here then other wise we wouldn't be sticking around for this I see you're not doing three bad with the trivia.

Takes many kinds to make a world go round ;-)

detourer - 2007-08-29 11:22 PM

"Older adults, because they may have deficits in some cognitive areas, may have a harder time understanding what a joke is about "

Professor Brian Carpenter

That is so true, Ray.

However some contributors on this forum are just not even trying to see the joke.

I am intrigued by your signature, Ray. Is this a philosophy that you actually live by, or merely aspire to?

I am intrigued by your signature, Ray. Is this a philosophy that you actually live by, or merely aspire to?

Both those John......100%......... (lol) .

I must confess Micheal that I am sitting here with five forums on the go......trying to look busy in the office, or I will have to go out into the yrad and help with the van repair.............And don't forget it is an hour ahead here in Spain........ *-)

Nice one, Ray - however you have slightly misquoted it. Should be:

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving

safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in

sideways - Chardonnay in one hand, chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What A Ride"!

fjmike - 2007-08-29 11:04 PM

I can't help it,but is it that detourer advertises heavily on the MHF and Peedee is a mod on that site that they do have a rather biased view????. I wouldn't get too carried away wuth the numbers quoted on that site either, look carefully and you will see that they don't always tally. Also the owner does recognise that he does need input from knowledgeable people so offers them free membership!.

Thanks for elevating my status FJ, but just to put the record straight, I am not a mod on MHF and I certainly do not have enough motorhome experience for a free ride! If the mods actually do get the fee waived, they deserve it as does anyone else who helps maintain the site.

peedee

Guest caraprof
detourer - 2007-08-29 11:22 PM caraprof wrote............"Another wonderful example!" 'evening Frank Saw this on a BBC news release 13/7/07......... "Older adults, because they may have deficits in some cognitive areas, may have a harder time understanding what a joke is about " Professor Brian Carpenter Never mind........ (lol) .

I'm sure that you're right but anyone on this forum who really knows me will tell you that there's nothing wrong with my sense of humour.

In fact it's because I've got a real sense of humour that I don't add a long, silly and ultimately boring signature on to the end of every message.

Anyone who really understands humour knows that jokes wear thin very quickly and shouldn't be constantly repeated.

Then again I'm also well known for refusing to respond when another person, whom I don't know from Adam, waves like a demented banshee when our motorhomes cross.

fjmike wrote........why does being in business 27 years ecuse you from being honest???

-----

Oh dear, oh dear.......where did that come from.....now being honest is dragged in *-) .

My point all along is that some sites see more traffic i.e. post/threads than others..........and my last post on the matter was that we, desertdetours, make only a business chioce [not cost ] were to place ads i.e. MMM Mag, MHF etc etc.....But it seems to some [one] that "honesty" plays some part in that choice........

Sides of our business have nothing to do with Motorhomes/Caravans and we advertise on a number of forums. I care little how those forums/sites are run, be they FREE or Member/Subscriber only. But like it or not we can base effectiveness on a solid FACTS............results.

Honesty........Mmmmmm.......pehaps says more about them than us *-)

Guest caraprof

Anyway, to get back on topic! I once visited Motorhome Facts and found that the Off Topic (or whatever they call it) section seemed to be completely full of left-wing pinko liberals. Maybe I was just unlucky and chanced on a debate where there were lots of them around but that, and the fact that when I'd had ten posts I had to pay them a tenner was enough for me to depart and I've never returned since.

I have never paid to be a forum member and never will. I'm a member of a couple of others and forums in my opinion, should be paid for by advertising. If it's a good forum, it will attract advertisers, if it isn't then I don't want to join anyway!

However, and to be sure that my memory isn't faulty, I've just had another look at MHF because the one thing that put me off it more than anything else was the sheer complexity of it!

Does the site really need so many different forums? I get the impression that, if someone wrote in about Motorhoming for those with only one leg, next day One-Legged Motorhoming would have its own forum.

This site is far more sensible. Perhaps we could do with another couple, but please, not twenty or thirty different headings to look at!

caraprof - 2007-08-30 10:25 AM

Does the site really need so many different forums? I get the impression that, if someone wrote in about Motorhoming for those with only one leg, next day One-Legged Motorhoming would have its own forum.

This site is far more sensible. Perhaps we could do with another couple, but please, not twenty or thirty different headings to look at!

It does make it easier to find stuff, especially if you cannot use the site's search facillity. It also makes it easier to read because you can ignore the forums that do not interest you. It is just less of a jumble and a refinement of the way this site is spit up.peedee

Archived