'Eco-Worthy' lithium batteries

6 hours ago, RichardA said:

I'd be grateful for any insights

I sugest the Fogstar drift as an alternative, either the 230Ah or the 280Ah battery,

https://www.fogstar.co.uk/collections/lithium-leisure-battery

Although more expensive, the additional features, heating function allowing charge below 0C, and Bluetooth communication via a phone app, are extremely useful and desirable. 

Should you need advice or have issues, Fogstar support is excellent. 

Although lithium batteries are reliable, as with any consumer product, failure or malfunction is possible. Having the App communication with the battery identifies that the battery is functioning correctly and highlights possible developing issues. Since the app indicated battery status its a useful means of power 'housekeeping '.

Regardless of supplier I feel that Bluetooth communication is an important necessary feature.

I agree with MikeF that Bluetooth access to the BMS is a necessary feature and Eco-Worthy don't seem to offer that.

I'm intrigued by the 'Rhythmic' brand which seem to be the cheapest with Bluetooth on Ebay e.g. £240 for 100Ah (or £220 without BT which is the same as the Eco-Worthy 100Ah can be had for). The seller is the same that sells the Ultramax brand and the features and labelling suggest that they are the same battery, but at half the price - so clearly they can't be.

I think I'll try one and see - I've had an Ultramax 30Ah for a few years in another application and it's performing really well.

Like Ultramax the Rhythmics use cylindrical cells (26650s) as opposed to prismatic. They claim that the Ultramaxes are assembled in the UK so perhaps the Rhythmics are just the Chinese version.

Posted (edited)
On 13/05/2024 at 08:35, RichardA said:

Has anyone come across this company (https://uk.eco-worthy.com/) They are marketing solar and lithium products for campervans. They appear to be significantly cheaper than anything else I've come across (280Ah - £549.99). I'd be grateful for any insights you might have out there.

Thanks.

Richard

By the way, currently (until 27/5) Ebay has a 20% off promotion on some sellers including Eco-Worthy.

Their 280Ah battery can be had for £454.99 and their 100Ah for £175.99.

No Bluetooth but all the same it'd be rude not to..

Edited by Steve928