spare wooden lats for a bed and toilet flush

kevandali

Just got back from hols and found that one of the lats on the bed have been mysteriously broken with no children owning up *-)

I have got a temporary replacement but it doesn't seem as strong and flexes a bit more than the originals.

Does anyone know where I can get something similar or even what they are normally made of so I can get a permanent replacement, they look like plywood but are very strong.

In the old van the toilet had its own small tank that cold be topped up with water and smellies to make it smell nice. In the new van the flush is straight from the main tank, is there any way I can get the toilet to flush and add smellies or is it just a case of having to use normal tank water only?

cheers all

kevandali

kevandali - 2007-08-21 10:42 PM

Does anyone know where I can get something similar (lath for bed) or even what they are normally made of so I can get a permanent replacement, they look like plywood but are very strong.

kevandali

Beech is as strong and resilient as most woods. I have plenty in stock and will gladly make you one if you are likely to be down this way in the not too distant future. It shouldn't take more than half an hour, and could be adjusted to flex about the same as the originals.

Free of course - forgot to mention that.

Kids fault ... a likely story!:$ ;-)

As a temporary measure, why not remove one of the slats at either the head or the foot of the bed and put this in the 'middle' (I assume that's where the broken one is) and put the new one at the end where it gets less weight on it. It should sort you out until you can get a more permanent solution ... if you then need one. B-)

If you can trace where the pipe goes that takes the water from the tank to the toilet, then maybe you could insert into this pipe a plastic, sealable box in an accesscible spot, in which you could place one of those toilet freshners that you normally put in the toilet bowl at home. (Come back, Heath Robinson, all is forgiven!). The insert would be best after the pump, but, if this is not possible, make sure that there is a non-return valve between the box and the fresh water tank.

Brian

Guest caraprof
BrianR - 2007-08-23 11:24 AM If you can trace where the pipe goes that takes the water from the tank to the toilet, then maybe you could insert into this pipe a plastic, sealable box in an accesscible spot, in which you could place one of those toilet freshners that you normally put in the toilet bowl at home. (Come back, Heath Robinson, all is forgiven!). The insert would be best after the pump, but, if this is not possible, make sure that there is a non-return valve between the box and the fresh water tank. Brian

Why not stick a smelly toilet-refresher thing onto the inside of the bowl using a double-sided sticky pad?

Some of these little pads are very strong and you could use two or three of them to hold a typical round smelly block.

Why not stick one of the round air freshners on to the underside of the seat lid? It'll keep it smelling nice in there and won't get in the way when trying to clean it.

If you want to put something in the bowl so that the rinse water goes over it when flushing, why not try a normal toilet pan block? At least you would be able to remove it to clean and then just clip it back in place over the rim.

Archived