Urgent recovery breakdown

michele

Please can anyone assist and suggest an annual recovery european when the van is not in our posession.

Eg I want to hire the vehicle out and need recovery for the vehicle whilst abroad.

I have tried Green Flag they can not accomodate as the vehicle is just over the criteria that they have in height and weight .

Any suggestion folks greatfully received.

Guest JudgeMental

was going to say Europe assistance - but thought limit was 3500kg.

i used them for years and found them good value, best call them....

michele - 2007-08-25 1:31 PM

I have tried Green Flag they can not accomodate as the vehicle is just over the criteria that they have in height and weight .

Any suggestion folks greatfully received.

Hi Michelle

If you join Caravan Club Mayday, which is administered by Green Flag, there are no limits on length, height or weight and the costs are very reasonable at around £45/ year for roadside and recovery. They also have a double journey benefit (take you to your holiday destination and at the end of the holiday take you home), and they recover you free in the event of accident, others don't. It would have to be the registered vehicle as that would then be covered for anyone driving it in the UK.

European cover is additional cost though.

Bas

hi michele,

how are you managing to get insurance to hire the van?. i would like to hire mine out but if hired on your ins. then it's invalid, i have had it with 'motorholme' in the past but at that time was our pride and joy and really didn't like anyone else using it - also had a few problems. if double insured ie. with another co. then again your ins. invalid.

cheer

simon

Guest JudgeMental
citroennut - 2007-08-25 7:54 PM

also had a few problems. if double insured ie. with another co. then again your ins. invalid.

cheer

simon

interesting, I think this needs more info. these private hire companies have insurance set up and say its OK. But I have my doubts....

I think you are right to have doubts the insurance that the people are given is above board. However its when you really get into it that you find out that you can not have two insurances dual insurance although I do not understand why I mean if the client smashes your van then they claim off their insurance leaving yours alone so as long as only one claim is made then it cant be fraud.

I dont know I am just getting into it, I dont think I will bother with the hire thing and maybe I will be changing my mind. Anyone else have any light to shed on this insurance lark when hiring your vehicle out ?

Guys terry everyone thanks for the help with euro breakdown.

Archived