no 12 volt lights

stanbow

I have a Hymer B644 and hope somebody can help me?

Was watching the tv on 12volt, the toilet light was switched on and the power went off on the tv worse still the toilet light went off and I now have no 12 volt lighting at all. the step and toilet flush work as does the entrance light. :-(

Is there a fuse somewhere as I am baffled?

Stanbow

You don't say which year your van is, and I'm assuming you weren't on hook-up, but many recent vans have a device that cuts off the general 12V supply when the battery charge falls below a critical level.  Have a look in the manual under the electrical section and you should find a description. 

It seems most likely the toilet light + telly have just drained the battery to below the cut off level.  In this case, all should return to normal when the battery is re-charged.

It is a W reg van (2000) , the 12 volt socketts aren't working the batteries

appear to be charged but still nothing works. I have checked the fuses as far as the trnsformer /charger box and all appear fine. Fault finding is a blank area in the Instruction manual.

still baffled

Not sure if this will help but I had a problem with my 12v system last year. I was stumped as I had checked all fuses (or so I thought). I finally discovered that there was a single fuse in the battery box with the auxilliary battery. Changed it and hey presto everything came back to life !

Archived