fiat ducato autohome security

creature_concepts

Hi,

I have just bought a late 80's model ducato autohome and am planning a tip thru the uk and europe.

I am a little worried about security as the van is so old. I would like to replace the rear door lock (can be opened by most keys) or maybe add a more substantial locking system (i have seen some models by fiamma). Has anyone got any experience with products like this, or know where I can get the old lock/handle replaced (its one of those round units with the central lock).

Also the passager cab door handle is quite loose. I am not sure if this makes the lock more accesable, but does anyone no where I could get it fixed/replaced.

I am based east of london and with such a trip planned really not made of money, however I would rather be safe than sorry.

cheers

Hi,

I have an 80's Talbot express based coachbuilt, I used these locks from Screwfix on both the Cab doors, http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=100635&ts=33862&id=47802. (They were only £6.99 until they got a mention on this forum). And a Fiamma 'safe door' lock on the habitation door. Plus a set of cheap 'contact' alarms for the windows. the whole lot for about £60. Never had a problem (but then we DO have a protective Labrador as well ! ) :D

Archived