Peugeot Indicato Flasher unit

trigrem

Does anyone know where the flasher unit can be found on a 2006 Peugeot Boxer, not the latest version. I know that on a 2001 version it was behind the left hand glove box, but it is not in that position on the 2006 version, any help appreciated.

Thanks Dave, the reason I want to know is, I am over 50% deaf and cannot hear the click click of the unit to remind me that I have not cancelled. On a previous van I fitted a small buzzer to the flasher unit to boost the sound.

If as you suspect the unit is now an electronic type then I may have to rethink. Probably fit a buzzer to each of the repeater lights in the console area.

I did wonder if that was your reason for wanting to find the flasher unit. you can fit a buzzer (available from Maplin for a couple of quid) but you'll need two diodes as well. Remove the instrument panel and with the aid of a multimeter you can locate the wires for the two warning lights in the dash panel. Connect the buzzer with a diode between its positive connection and each of these two wires. Then connect the negative wire to earth and bingo you have an indicator warning buzzer.

D.

trigrem - 2007-08-29 7:40 PM

Thanks Dave, I did not know about the diodes, I take it that I connect diodes so that current will flow towards the buzzer, and block the reverse flow.

Sorry for taking so much of your time.

No problem Trig, yes put the diodes so that they feed to the buzzer. If you don't fit them then you'll cross connect left and right indicator circuits via the dash warning lights, not reccomended ;-)

D.

Archived