Air suspension on 94 Autoquest (Talbot van)

phantom

Hi all

a friend found a valve for what he believes is air suspension on the step of our side door (1994 Elddis Autoquest 320d). However he couldn't find details about it in the manual. How do you work it and does anyone know about the pressure etc?

Thanks Phantom

Phantom

check under the vehicle at the rear axle if you have air suspension you will see the "bags". between the axle and the chassis. If the bags are there I would suggest a pressure of about 30psi as a starting point. If ride is too hard lower the pressure and vice versa if ride too soft.

Docted

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JudgeMental

Errr....have you traced valve and line to see what its connected to?

if air ride type - it's easy enough to spot. there will be a rubber ball approx 6-8inches across either side above suspension leaves. will take very little blowing up a bike pump will do it....

Hi Phantom

I had Airide fitted on my old Talbot Highwayman and found it greatly improved the ride on Motorways you do not get as much of a battering from the HGV,s

It depends on how old the system is to what you may have, the modern system has a presure gauge with valve and two levers to pump up one side or both, you may see two plastic tubes leading away from the valves coulered red and blue these are run to the right and left rear wheels.

I used to pump mine up with one of those small 12v electric pumps, but you could use a foot pump it takes very little to increase the pressure.

My experience of my vehicle you will need rear corner steadies.

Terry

Archived