Overnight in Calais

robin

Woops - Pressed the wrong button!! >:-) dratted fingers

Does anyone know if this is a sleepy spot?? - it sounds like may be just a service point. Note that it is NOT the aire at the port

par l'A 16 sur la rocade Est de Calais

A la ZAC M Doret et au terminal Eurotunnel

Aire privée AIRE ELF EUROTUNNEL

Coordonnées GPS vérifiées :

(Format WGS84) Latitude : (Nord) 50.93765° Décimaux

ou 50° 56' 15.54''

Longitude :(Est) 001.81686° Décimaux

ou 001° 49' 0.696''

Hi Robin,

I take it you found these on campingcar Infos, all the photo's on both entries, bar perhaps one photo of the bus, are of the Aire on Calais seafront. So some of those photo's have been uploaded by mistake.

The gps coords I have put on the attached map definately show two different sites, although we have stayed around Calais loads of times, I have never found the one on 50.93765 001.81686, so it would be worth having a look.

You might be better off going down to Le Touquet, and staying at the sailing school, its alot more peaceful and only about an hour out of Calais.

Regards Terry

384530115_Calais(548x415).jpg.0e7dfe95866b27db923a93df1d11a961.jpg

Handyman,

Just thinking once you are in you cannot turn around as its a one way system back to england ......................Or is it me ? I have never seen any gaps in the fence or a way out I thought it was one way which of course if you are going home thats ok . ;-)

Terrytraveller - 2007-08-28 6:59 PM

Hi Robin,

I take it you found these on campingcar Infos, all the photo's on both entries, bar perhaps one photo of the bus, are of the Aire on Calais seafront. So some of those photo's have been uploaded by mistake.

The gps coords I have put on the attached map definately show two different sites, although we have stayed around Calais loads of times, I have never found the one on 50.93765 001.81686, so it would be worth having a look.

You might be better off going down to Le Touquet, and staying at the sailing school, its alot more peaceful and only about an hour out of Calais.

Regards Terry

Spot on Terry - I'd noticed that as well - we'll have a look at it and report back - see if the co-ordinates are accurate.

Have stayed at Le Touquet before, but we're catching a late night shuttle (past my bed time) and heading off in t'other direction (Brugges) first thing in the morning.

We stayed on the marina (?) quayside before in company with about ten other 'vans - that's just before you get to the campsite and seafront Aire.

My first choice would be the Aire at Hondschoote - which is nice and quite - but still a 40 mile drive from Calais.

Hi

We are due to sail to Calais next Tuesday on the 11.45pm ferry, I thought we would park up until morning on the bus park at the City Europe Complex and then heading south towards Bordeaux and then Biarritz, unless anyone here on the forum can offer a better overnight parking sujestions.:->

kelly

Slept last night on the seafront at Calais, cost EU7. Thats 1 euro more expensive than the 1 night at the camp site at Stenay which had full facilities and hook up included for EU6 and which charged EU7 for narrow boats on the adjacent and quite picturesque canal. Many shops close by two.

Compare that to similar facilities just one week previously at the Camping Club site at Black Horse Farm near Dover which cost £26.00

Why??

478296474_CalaisPlage.jpg.c366e91ecc3d505849e5bff59711fad6.jpg

We were parked up at the City Europe bus park for most of the day on our return to ferry at Calais and there were a lot of Motorhomes  coming and going also there were a few lorries as well so I think we will opt to park there as well this time until day break.

They have closed the coach park for MH's at Cite Europe and opened a very poor one elsewhere.

There are loads of sites around Calais. Have a look in the ACSI book. Can't understand why anyone would want to stay on a car park! There is a municipal one just above the Aire which is reasonably acceptable. There is also a very nice one at Guines which is about 20 miniute drive from Calais. We always stay there.

Archived