Overnight in Folkeston area

Guest Rees

We are planning to travel to Europe via the Tunnel. Has anyone experience of overnight parking in the Folkeston area? In the past we have used Caravan Club site at Folkeston Race Course and also Cert Locations. However, I wonder if there is any place similar to Dover's safe free overnight parking in the Folkeston area? The District council site on the www lists parking places, including free parking in F. and neighbouring towns. What about Hythe?

Guest Nick Miller
I always use the C&CC site at Folkestone. Good location right beside the sea.Motorhomes/Trailer tents only. Gives the opportunity for a good dog walk (talking miles)before crossing the Channel. A pleasure at the start of a holiday. Nick

Rees As "locals" to the tunnel (only 20 miles away) we do the alternative and cross late afternoon/evening then overnight in the massive car/lorry park next to the fuel station as you leave the Eurotunnel complex in France (1.5 mins from the train). This is free!! Regards Neal

Guest Mike Culver
We have used the Tesco's car park in Dover on the over and return trips, with many other units, no problem, so I'm sure the store in Folkstone would be alright, give it a try, always handy for anything you have forgotten, have a good holiday.

Rees If you want to use the Tesco carpark DO NOT go into Folkestone. Leave the M20 at Brenzett exit and take the A20 signed Sellindge. Tesco is on the right (at a mini roundabaout) 1 minute from there. We have overnighted there some years ago and, even though it's a 24hr store it seems okay. Regards Neal

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Richard & June Chitson
Hi We use Mr Wadey at Whitefield page 346 of cc book only £2.50 per night open all year but wath ground out of season, you will be at Dover docks in 12 minutes (yes Ive timed it) You can stay overnight at St Margrets bay you have to pay May to Sept rest of year is free. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Richard & June

Archived