draughtproof windows

mrs p hancox

Hi everybody, can any one help, when we "shut" the curtains, we pull down the fly screens, then the insulated screen, the fly screns have little peices on the end like draft proofing with fur on them (to stop flies getting in I guess) now the nomal pull down blind has no such fur on the end hence a small but anoying gap, between both screens which allows a draft to come through or light, I am looking for a roll of said fluffy draught proofing, not the white / brown sticky stuff but the fluffy sort, does any one know where i can get any, the only similar stuff I can find in on a strip, that would b hard to attach to window. I would prefer the fluffy stuff as I know from experiance the brown/white stuff we rubbed tends to bung up, where as if its flyffy it has some give. Hope I am clear, as it's hard to explain.

Goodafternoon Madam, I have cured this problem by using the Frost proofing plastic strips for puting around 15MM copper pipes, the type that is split to open around the pipes, not pretty but it works and is easy to put on and off.

Hi J9, nice to see your name in the latest Holdsworth Owners News letter. Janice who writes the news letter also has a Valentine. I am "Davids de-lites" part of the news letters, see you on one of our rallies sometime. Please excuse me everyone J9 has just joined a club of mine, where my Forum name comes from:- Holdsworth RANGER.

Archived