Falcon 4G Combo Deluxe not working as expected

Just bought this through Amazon.

Two green lights on the Falcon device and a full fan showing on the connected iPad, but no internet. At this test location, my iPhone has a weak 4G signal, dropping occasionally to 3G. Hotspotting the iPad to the iPhone works, but slowly.

At home, where my iPhone has a strong 4G signal, the Falcon device provides internet to the iPad, but speed tests on the iPad show much faster results when I hotspot from the iPhone.

This is not how it is supposed to be. Can anyone suggest what I maybe doing wrong, before I have to return my purchase for a refund?

Many thanks.

15 hours ago, waysider said:

At home, where my iPhone has a strong 4G signal, the Falcon device provides internet to the iPad, but speed tests on the iPad show much faster results when I hotspot from the iPhone.

Perhaps your phone is using LTE-Advanced (4G+) which the Falcon doesn't support. 4G+ maximum data rate is double that of 4G while the real-world data throughput can be x3.

From the Falcon specifications: Data Rate: 2.4GHz: 3GPP R9 Cat. 4, Downlink/Uplink up to 150Mbps/50Mbps

3GPP Release 9 pre-dates LTE-Advanced, which was introduced in Release #10 of 2011, so it's a vanilla 4G device.