Holiday dilemma solved!

Poppy

Going to Norfolk! Never been and might do Suffolk and a bit of Surrey as well BUT the main reason is this! There is a marvellous horse driving centre in Norfolk and my other hobby is horses (anyone else?). Well I am going on a short course there (never driven before) and it just sounds so exciting. Fabulous facilities and horses and they will let me park van in yard.Can't wait.

Guest Jen's Grumpy Git

How can you ride something that thinks for itself, doesn't have brakes and can do 30mph and can bite!!

Tom

Horses - NO!!!!

Anything but horses!!

Smelly, horrible, unpredictable things with big teeth, kicky hind legs, and no brakes.

Cost an utter fortune just to house and feed and shoe and vet etc, etc, and do utterly nothing useful whatsoever. Not ever.

Should have been totally eradicted in a mass cull as soon as the internal combustion engine was introduced.

Nowadays best served well-grilled or stewed up for glue.

Simply walking dog-food.

(Did I mention that I'm not entirely a fan of species equinus?) >:-(

Poppy, if you are 'doing' Norfolk/Suffolk then I would recomend a visit to Southwold, nice town, although campsite near harbour has a good location its not excactly the nicest I've stayed at.

Supprised you have gone in for driving, I thought most women prefered half a ton of rippling mussle between there legs :$

How would my daughter earn a livingas a farrier which has already cost us thousands to put her through also my son without them .

Horses fantastic animals cheap to feed well unless they live with us !

Poppy sorry never driven but ridden all my life & showjumping .

Just on way up the yard at the mo Daughters Bosses daughter is in the England Squad whooooohooo loadsa money.

good Luck bet you will love driving .Dont forget to use a Hacakamour on you right foot :D

Poppy,

you have alovely time now I,m sure you will enjoy driving just got back from the yard mind you thats just a flying visit more to do with dropping off the camper to my mate who owns the yard for its service .

nice that I dont even have to drive it to London I just drop it to my mate at the stables. Yes daughter back at moreton Morell College as we speak just arrived for her block release on more making shoes and pritchels shame they couln't make half of these tools they cost a fortune ball pein hammers 4lbers as well i can't even lift them. :D getting old.

Still she said she still has loads to learn i cant see why she makes 30 sets a day and apparently thats not pushing it .

The guy she works for is top of his field and he believes in doing it from scratch still thats what we paid for no point learning a trade if you dont learn it properly.. one day she will be rich we pay £85 a set here whats it like for you ?

You will love it Poppy. When I was a teenager I learned to plough with a pair of Shires, and if I was a good boy, and the Squire was away, was allowed to drive the castle coach "Four-in-hand" with the head coachman sitting beside me keeping a watchful eye on things. Not as smelly as diesels.

Archived