A UK gassing item

Norma

Oh my goodness it's not even safe in the UK - looks like you can be gassed here too!!!

"DETECTIVES are hunting thieves who had a brief encounter with a lorry driver before stealing 25,000 pairs of men's underpants.

The robbers sprayed an "unknown substance" into the face of the Polish HGV driver, causing him to fall asleep, Warwickshire Police said.

This article: http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1387242007"

:-S

I've sent the following email to my brother who was an Inspector in the Warwickshire force.  If he can find out any genuinely factual information I will pass it on.

"Hi Bob - do you still have enough contacts in the job to find out about this.  There is quite a scare on about people being gassed and robbed in their caravans and motorhomes - mostly in southern France and Spain.  I think it's a myth (for lots of reasons) but I'd be grateful if you could make a phone call (or whatever) and find out something about this alleged incident.  I would then post your findings on the Motorhome Forum and hopefully set a lot of people's minds at rest.  Even if you are 99% convinced it's a load of old twaddle, it's difficult not to feel a bit uneasy."

Cheers

Dave

crinklystarfish - 2007-08-31 5:03 PM

Most probably vaporised pies and beer.

That's brilliant, and don't forget the liquified Yorkie Bars. :D

Guest caraprof
If he is like most of the long-distance lorry drivers that I come across the substance that completely overwhelmed him may have been soap.

Why the hell would someone steal 25,000 pairs of men's underpants? Do they suffer from fabric-ripping levels of flatulence perchance? If it was for profit, who would want to fence them? if they are car booters, how long would they have to man the stall to shift that lot?

Pretty definitely a trumped up story on a slow news day I reckon.

Bob

Usinmyknaus - 2007-09-02 12:07 AM

Why the hell would someone steal 25,000 pairs of men's underpants? Do they suffer from fabric-ripping levels of flatulence perchance? If it was for profit, who would want to fence them? if they are car booters, how long would they have to man the stall to shift that lot?

Bob

Awright then, stop laughing, I got the wrong flipping lorry didn't I.

Thought the driver said he was carrying Sunderbandts which I thought was Bulgarian for Gold Bullion

crinklystarfish - 2007-09-02 8:55 AM
Usinmyknaus - 2007-09-02 12:07 AM

I wonder if the heisters left any skid-marks.

Behave yourselves you two!"Trumped up story"! "Skid marks"! The wife already thinks I'm well on the way without catching me giggling like a fool in front of the computer. :$ :$

davenewell@home - 2007-09-02 9:59 AM

You ought to let us into the secret of how to make our own moving avatars OG.

D.

Too much time on my hands mostly Dave. The Memsahib has been away for a couple of days and I'm useless on my own, so I have to occupy the tiny mind with something.

A bit too complicated to explain, but if you would like your lovely dog to wink at us it could be arranged. (Not so sure about the self portrait on your @home avatar.) :-D :-D :-D

It will cost you an extra cup of coffee though if I come across for you to do any work on my truck.

Regards

Dave

davenewell@home - 2007-09-02 9:59 AM

You ought to let us into the secret of how to make our own moving avatars OG.

D.

Present for you Dave.

Edit 1. Hmmm. Not sure why he is winking so slowly. Must be download speed from the site. Sorry he looks so half-asleep

Edit 2. That's a bit better.

avatar2.gif.d0d1c6422665318db8bf7324bc1dfb84.gif

No need Dave

Just right click on it and "save picture as" to your desktop or wherever you want it. Then you can upload it as usual - I've resized it to the correct dimensions for the site too. (That's a third cup of coffee :-D :-D :-D )

If that fails, of course I'll send it - but is it good enough? I only did a quick job 'cos you were interested.

Cheers

Dave

Archived