motorhome garage doors

mark lambert

hi everyone.

I want to fit a second garage door to my burstner solano, the ones that are made for this motorhome are a little narrow. apparently burstner changed the door size from 37" down to 27" last year. The levanto still uses the 37" door. I can buy either door and the necesary bits but will have to find someone to fit it for me, my van dealer does not do this type of work. does anybody know or have contacts with any companies that would undertake this type of work. Even if it is a company that would use their own door system. I have looked in the mags and on the net and found one or two companies that undertake this type of work but thought i would ask on here before i make a decision.

ps: At the time of buying the motorhome the extra hundreds to have a second door fitted were not available to me but as luck would have it it is now, i do know it will be alot more expensive to have done now but i had no other option at the time of purchase.

waiting in anticipation with the rush to answer my query!

regards

choppa lambert

You need to find out why the door size was reduced. Was it because the larger door impinges on the structural integrety of the MH body perhaps?

Tread carefully. Check with the manufacturer (not the dealer) to see if the timber frame between the two walls of the body is in the right place to suit the door you desire.

One regular on this forum may be able to help if the risks are shown to be small.

Clive - 2007-09-01 12:22 PM

You need to find out why the door size was reduced. Was it because the larger door impinges on the structural integrety of the MH body perhaps?

Tread carefully. Check with the manufacturer (not the dealer) to see if the timber frame between the two walls of the body is in the right place to suit the door you desire.

One regular on this forum may be able to help if the risks are shown to be small.

thanks for the reply Clive, i am waiting for a reply back from burstner. Who is the regular user that may be able to help? is it Dave?

Takeaflight. A door couldn't be fitted in the rear,thanks for the suggestion tho.

I held off replying straight away for fear of looking like I was touting for work. I have fitted a side locker door into an Autotrail for a customer and see no reason why this job should be any more difficult. Just need a brave pill before picking up the jigsaw! Measure and mark up three times before cutting. When you get your reply from Burstner feel free to contact mer directly if wish and their response is satisfactory.

D.

Archived