Camping site @ Euro Disney.

Mike Parke

Cherry & I are planning on taking two of ouy granddaughters to Euro Disney during Easter week 2008. I was always underthe impression that there was a site on the site! We have checked with the Euro Disney web site, Caravan Club Continental Sites and this forum but can find no record of any such site. If any of you good people out there can assist us we would be grateful. We do not really want to be too far from the 'attractions' as I would rather walk to/from rather than use the M'home or public transport.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Mike, Cherry and two grandchildren!!

Have you got a sat nav Mike - and if so what make?

May be able to help very quickly if you have, or a little more slowly if not. Will await your response.

Dave

Meanwhile - these are within about 5 miles if that's any use. Too far to walk, but best I can find in a hurry.

Camping Le Parc, Rue Adele Claret, Montjay-la-Tour, 77410 Villevaude [tel: 01 60 26 20 79] Large site, wc, chemical waste disposal, hook-up , restaurant in season, snacks, bar, playground, tennis, games area, fishing, English spoken, open all year

Camping de Jablines, 77450 Jablines [tel: 01 60 26 09 37] ( http://www.camping-jablines.com ) Medium site, wc, chemical waste disposal, showers, hook-up , laundry, shop, restaurant, snacks, bar, playground, tennis, horseriding, mini-golf, fishing, sailing, windsurfing, cycle hire, mini-golf, horsedding, dogs, English spoken, open 28 Mar-2

Camping Parc de la Colline, Route de Lagny, 77200 Torcy [tel: 01 60 05 42 32] Large site, terraced wc (continental), chemical waste disposal, showers, hook-up , gas, laundry, shop, snacks, bar, playground, English spoken, open all year

(This one very near the A104 and A4)

you can stop on the car park overnight (extra charge) i belive there are toilets and showers, but you would have to check that out.

they say it can be noisy early in the morning, but you park by the entrance, they used to have camp davy crocket, (£40.00 per night, not including entrance fee, and still a 15 minuet drive to the car park) but that closed, don't think it was very busy.

pete

Dave (OldGit). Sorry I do not have Sat-Nav(see comments of mine on earlier thead), but we would appreciate any info. on topic. Pete( Breakaleg) , I think it was the 'Davy Crockett' site I was aware of. Did not realise that it had met its 'Alamo' though .

(!) (!) :-) :-)

Thank you, Mike ect.

Mike Parke - 2007-09-01 4:01 PM

Dave (OldGit). Sorry I do not have Sat-Nav(see comments of mine on earlier thead), but we would appreciate any info. on topic. Pete( Breakaleg) , I think it was the 'Davy Crockett' site I was aware of. Did not realise that it had met its 'Alamo' though .

(!) (!) :-) :-)

Thank you, Mike ect.

Hi Mike

Probably better off without one of those cantankerous gadgets!!

Have you got Autoroute ?

Dave

P.S. Have emailed you a little present, with more if you would like them.

Cheers

I strongly recomend Jablines.

What is missing from the information blow is that there is a daily bus service to Disney and back and to the railway station for Paris.

Excellent site, clean and quiet, very welcoming staff.

Mature lady on reception with dark hair just loves to be called "mamseille"

Camping de Jablines, 77450 Jablines [tel: 01 60 26 09 37] (http://www.camping-jablines.com ) Medium site, wc, chemical waste disposal, showers, hook-up , laundry, shop, restaurant, snacks, bar, playground, tennis, horseriding, mini-golf, fishing, sailing, windsurfing, cycle hire, mini-golf, horsedding, dogs, English spoken, open 28 Mar-2

Syd - 2007-09-01 4:51 PM

Good man Syd. I was simply copying from an Autoroute file (same as yours I guess, as they both offer "horsedding" whatever that is?) but you have added first hand experience - which Mike will find invaluable.

Mike - if the map I posted is too fuzzy, it's the site at the top right.

Cheers both

Dave

Hi,

we have just come back from there.

Yes you can camp on site, the aire is part of the main car park.

It is 20 euros a night, there is a shower block, waste dump, and water points, shared with the coaches.

It can be a bit noisey, with voices, generators, engines, but not unbearable.

If you are staying for 2 or 3 days or more, consider buying a passeport annuel, it includes entrance to both parks, and free parking, but has some restrictions on which days you can enter. (The 23rd of March is the only prohibited day over Easter)

If you need more info I'll be happy to oblige.

Mike

Old Git - 2007-09-01 5:05 PM

Syd - 2007-09-01 4:51 PM

Good man Syd. I was simply copying from an Autoroute file (same as yours I guess, as they both offer "horsedding" whatever that is?) but you have added first hand experience - which Mike will find invaluable.

Mike - if the map I posted is too fuzzy, it's the site at the top right.

Cheers both

Dave

Hi Old Git

Sorry cannot take the glory of the posting because I copied it from your post after adding my comments.

Further Info

There is a large and varied shopping centre very close to Disney, between the campsite and Disney, and a big Carrefore near there too plus the site has some beautiful walks and villages close by. Astrix is close too.

When you enter Disney, if you show your disabled blue card, if you have one that is, you get to drive to a special carpark right into the attractions plus you then go to the "Town Hall" and get a special blue pass and your disabled person get's to the front of all queues immediately

Acess to Paris is VERY easy but 30 mins away.

Just ask for "Mamseille" at the reception and she will give you all of the details, in English.

Hi Syd

Appreciate your honesty. Would you like the Autoroute file as a little reward? I can't remember how many campsites it lists, but it's a lot. Come to think of it I have two - the other one focusses more on Belgium.

The map I posted for Mike is taken from it. Loads of little red blobs so you find one in the area you want and right-click on it to get the information panel. Quite handy.

Regards

Dave

Hi Old Git

Thank you for the generous offer, Yes I would just love the Autoroute file.

Never heard of it until I started on this forum and have just had a look on their site and see that it is £49.99.

Is it that good ??

I use a Navman iCN630 and while it is fairly good it is now old technology, half the time in France I find that I am going across fields.

I keep promising to update but never have done yet.

Thanks to all for your input. It has given us 'food for thought' and we will look at the options during the coming months before making decision. we do not intend to depart until p.m. 23/03/08 so entry restriction as mentioned should not affect us.

Thanks again, Mike & Cherry

:-D

Syd - 2007-09-01 11:51 PM

Hi Old Git

Thank you for the generous offer, Yes I would just love the Autoroute file.

Never heard of it until I started on this forum and have just had a look on their site and see that it is £49.99.

Is it that good ??

I use a Navman iCN630 and while it is fairly good it is now old technology, half the time in France I find that I am going across fields.

I keep promising to update but never have done yet.

I'll send you the files with pleasure Syd (by email) but they won't work without the Autoroute program.

As for the program itself, I would be surprised if it is not available on eBay for considerably less than £49.99, especially if you are happy (and I am) with "last year's" version. When a new program version is released the older, but perfectly adequate version usually appears on eBay for next to nothing.

Regards

Dave

(Edited: They are on their way Syd.)

Mike Parke - 2007-09-02 10:45 AM

Thanks to all for your input. It has given us 'food for thought' and we will look at the options during the coming months before making decision. we do not intend to depart until p.m. 23/03/08 so entry restriction as mentioned should not affect us.

Thanks again, Mike & Cherry

:-D

Hi Mike

That is about the same time as we visited this year and the hailstones almost took the skin off our faces, boy was it cold and wet

Hope you have better luck

We camped in the motorhome section of the car park last year. You tell them as you enter the road gates and pay then. Unlike UK parks I've been too everyone has to pay to park at Disney including day visitors. The bit you are directed too was just at the end of the moving walk ways, so short of staying in the expensive hotel at the main gates it would be hard to get much closer.

We didn't use the toilet/shower block etc. so can't comment on them. Waste disposal was a drive-over designed for coaches to dump their tanks which was a bit tricky for emptying toilet cassettes.

No problems with noise as far as we were concerned. Had a two day ticket and spent the whole of both days in the park and were exhausted as we stayed late to watch the parade and fireworks both nights, doubt we would have heard any noise anyway. Food in the park is not to bad but it was nice to come back to the camper for tea and to have a break before going back in.

There is an unofficial guide to disney on the internet, I can't find the link at the moment, but it was very useful and gave tips on using the fast track tickets to book times for the rides and other bits and pieces.

http://www.dlp.info/

Has anyone used the aire in the disney car park in the winter season?

In summer there is a waste disposal and water points, shared with the coaches, but it is stated that the water is turned off in the winter season. Drinking water is still available in the rest area.

Is it still possible to "unofficially" empty the waste, has anyone been there off season and seen what the coach drivers actually do? Or is this turned off as well?

Thanks

Mike

Stayed on Euro Disney motor home park for 4 days over Christmas last year, it`s the old coach parking area at the very end of the moving walkway, they have moved the coaches slightly closer to the main entrance. The drive over waste disposal point was unusable due to the water being turned off to prevent freezing as were the water taps along the perimiter fence but the toilet and shower block are open (and heated) and if you carry a long enough hosepipe you can fill up with fresh water from the tap located just inside the entrance door. When I arrived on the 23rd December there was only about half a dozen other vans there, but by Christmas Eve the place was absolutely heaving, and the fact that I had a longer one than they had and was willing to let them use it (cassette hose pipe that is) broke the ice (pardon the pun) and resulted in creating a friendly atmosphere and some very inebriated evenings.

To save some time queueing, tickets for Disney resort can usually be bought in most of the larger Hypermarkets like Auchan & LeClercs, we did ask about the regular visitor season tickets but apparently these are only for residents of France with a French postal address.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, enjoy it

I got told by one of the staff just last week (the ones that check the parking permits) that overnight parking for motorhomes at Disney was going to cease as of this October! I insisted that she must be mistaken, but she was quite adamant. That said my French is terrible and her English was not that good. If this were true it would be a great loss as we use it all the time, even when not going to the park, its a great place to park for visiting paris and is just a 3 hour hop from the boat.

I have been scouring the newsgroups to see if anyone else had heard this. have you?

JimJam - 2007-09-07 10:48 AM

I got told by one of the staff just last week (the ones that check the parking permits) that overnight parking for motorhomes at Disney was going to cease as of this October! I insisted that she must be mistaken, but she was quite adamant. That said my French is terrible and her English was not that good. If this were true it would be a great loss as we use it all the time, even when not going to the park, its a great place to park for visiting paris and is just a 3 hour hop from the boat.

I have been scouring the newsgroups to see if anyone else had heard this. have you?

Jim Jam Welcome to the mad house . Please tell me more about where you park . Hubby's not very keen its not his sort of place but I would love to take the kids and aside that I would love to just go with Hubby to see Paris. I have never been other than going through it each year .

How far away is it do you catch a bus into Paris?...Where do you park how much is it ? ect ect. If you don't mind ;-)

Its easy, we have been using it for years, just follow signs to the park, when you get to the ticket barrier tell them your intention, day parking is 20Euros if you stop overnight you need to pay a further 20, but if you arrive late in the day they will only charge you 10 making the first nights stay just 30 and subsequent nights 40

Follow the motorhomes (camping car) signs Park up with all the other motorhomes, you are then just a short moving walkway from the park and the metro, you can be having a coffee in Paris in around 40 min.

We break a journey to Spain or the South there quite often, then we pop into one of the Disney Hotels and have a meal, expensive but exceptionally nice, Especially in the 4 star Newport Bay Club or the 5 star Disneyland Hotel. But cheaper Burger style bars abound as you can probably imagine.

I am sure that they will not stop the parking it is so popular even with the French, and it is always busy with motorhomes from all corners of Europe

Archived