Polish for Fibreglass

enodreven

Hi,

What do you think is the best polish for the fibreglass body, some people recommend "MER" other recommend "Autoglym Resin" are they suitable for the fibreglass bodywork as i seem to remember hearing something about silicon based polishes shouldn't be used ?? is this correct

any advice would be welcome

Brian

enodreven - 2007-09-02 3:47 PM

Hi,

What do you think is the best polish for the fibreglass body, some people recommend "MER" other recommend "Autoglym Resin" are they suitable for the fibreglass bodywork as i seem to remember hearing something about silicon based polishes shouldn't be used ?? is this correct

any advice would be welcome

Brian

Not sure there's much to chose between the various brands that I've used over the years. But I have found something recently that makes a big big difference, particularly if you have dull or discoloured areas, and that's a powered polishing mop. You can now get these from the likes of Halfords for under £20 (mine cost £12 from a power tool discount outlet), they use very little wax and transform the finish.

Vernon

Hi, Tony

I have been having a look at the www.motorhomefun.co.uk web site its a new site and it seems to be going along great guns, and i do like to keep myself up on whats going on. and thank you for the Polish lesson

Brian

Tony Jones - 2007-09-02 7:19 PM

According to www.poltran.com , Polish for Fibreglass is WLÓKNO SZKLANE

Always ready to help!

Tony

Ps welcome back enodreven, long time no see posting!

Archived