still no van VERY UPSET

its me

hi all

we should of had are new van by now but the dealer mess it up.

should of had it on the 1st sept but something is wrong with the key fob they said it would be sorted by wednesday But now they say that there dealer cant send them a key until the weekend WHY its a key not the whole van. :'(

Might not be wise to name and shame until you have had the van for a few months and are pretty sure it's all up to scratch!! After that - well, maybe?

I feel I should name and praise our dealer for his really excellent service, so that others on this forum might feel confident in dealing with him http://www.cotswoldmotorcaravans.co.uk/ .

If you can be certain that yours is consistently giving shoddy service to everyone, and that you have not just suffered an unfortunate run of rotten luck, I'm sure a lot of people on this forum would want to know who he is.

Good luck

Dave

Old Git - 2007-09-03 4:51 PM

I feel I should name and praise our dealer for his really excellent service, so that others on this forum might feel confident in dealing with him http://www.cotswoldmotorcaravans.co.uk/ .

Dave

I agree Dave, I got 'Shirley' from Cotswold and they are the nicest family I have met.

They still say 'hello' when I see them at the shows. (lol)

It may be the way you have worded your posts but it seems you are being very unfair blaming the dealer, on your last thread you say dealer is fixing 10 faults with van, now you say there is a fault with key which they are fixing, what would you rather them do, give you a van full of problems?

As to the question 'why its the key not the whole van' , with a modern immobliser system its not just cutting a new key.

the van was ordered form the manufacure so you would hope nothing would be wrong which is why we went a week earlier to check

and we found the faults not the dealer who must not have checked when he received delivery.

and as to the key they knew the problem on thursday knowing we wanted it on satarday but DID NOT order a new one until monday why? gave us some rubbish what we have to swollow 8-)

A workmate recently collected her new van minus 2 extras she'd ordered. Not bothered though as the dealer had gone the extra mile for her to get the van ready BEFORE the delivery date in order for her to go away on a pre booked hol. All sorted upon return. Quite happy to name the dealer if you all think it's appropriate.

LordThornber - 2007-09-05 10:25 AM

A workmate recently collected her new van minus 2 extras she'd ordered. Not bothered though as the dealer had gone the extra mile for her to get the van ready BEFORE the delivery date in order for her to go away on a pre booked hol. All sorted upon return. Quite happy to name the dealer if you all think it's appropriate.

A good idea to name dealers who give good service..then maybe people could make informed decisions...and maybe use the line " you were recomended on the MMM forum"...???

What do others think

Guest JudgeMental
michele - 2007-09-05 4:14 PM

I dont see why not as long as it does not become a slanging match .IMHO

and whats wrong with a good old slanging match!:-D

a bit over sensitive, delays can be for months not days.

if an issue with chassis cab the dealer needs to contact ford/fiat or whoever ( on a Monday as probably closed for weekend). if because of after market alarm fitted for you as an extra a different matter. Clarity and information is the name of the game if you want serious advice - who where when why and what would be a start... *-)

its me - 2007-09-05 10:13 AM

the van was ordered form the manufacure so you would hope nothing would be wrong which is why we went a week earlier to check

and we found the faults not the dealer who must not have checked when he received delivery.

and as to the key they knew the problem on thursday knowing we wanted it on satarday but DID NOT order a new one until monday why? gave us some rubbish what we have to swollow 8-)

Fair enough if they didn't do a good PDI then they deserve a slagging

its me - 2007-09-03 3:55 PM hi all we should of had are new van by now but the dealer mess it up. should of had it on the 1st sept but something is wrong with the key fob they said it would be sorted by wednesday But now they say that there dealer cant send them a key until the weekend WHY its a key not the whole van. :'(

Hi - just trying to be moderate with my views.

The "SPIN" on this should be that at least the dealer is making sure that the van is getting to you as it should be. Like Michele has said earlier- maybe the wait will be worth waiting for.

How would you feel if all these faults came to light after you had signed & accepted that all was in good order.

There really is no genuine answer to this, we waited a while for delivery of our new van.But when we got it, and all was in working order, boy was it worth waiting for.

Maybe not the answer you're looking for, but I'm sure that when you take delivery of your dream machine, and all is working O.K. then the wait may be worthwhile, knowing that you do not have to keep going back to have things adjusted.

Thai

So to recount ...........How long have you been told to wait now?

Who is the dealer if you have a fair comment and not just tittle tattle then put there names so we can all see .

What is the reason the PDI was not done correctly

What did they say

When will it be done

When can you have your new van

they dont do the pdi until one week before collecion although the van has been sat there for 6 weeks or more

they are correcting the faults i hope some new parts needed which will hopefully be ready by the end of the next week.

but we are going on holiday so will be going with old van just another disapointment was looking forward to going in the new van.

Archived