still no van VERY UPSET

its me

Then phone em up and tell em you want your new van take it as it is if they cannot do it and when you return get it taken back to them .

That way you might not feel so bad about it all.

Have they got your money yet ????? refuse to pay if you feel its wrong what they have done.

Guest JudgeMental
its me - 2007-09-06 1:44 PM

but we are going on holiday so will be going with old van just another disapointment was looking forward to going in the new van.

that must be very frustrating knowing it hs been sitting there untouched for weeks

Upset! I wound be in a rage *-)

michele - 2007-09-06 2:38 PM

Then phone em up and tell em you want your new van take it as it is if they cannot do it and when you return get it taken back to them .

That way you might not feel so bad about it all.

Have they got your money yet ????? refuse to pay if you feel its wrong what they have done.

I disagree. No matter how frustrating it is do not take the new 'van. Until you take it from them you have the power to demand things get done. once you've taken delivery you could have an even harder job getting all the faults put right.

I'm not trying to defend the dealer in question (I don't even know who they are) but there may be extenuating circumstances. For instance 1st September I'm sure is a very busy time for them with countless new owners wanting to take delivery of their new vans. They have a finite number of staff and there are only so many hours in the day they can work. If they've had several 'vans in with faults to rectify they might well be behind schedule, at least they're fixing the faults.

D.

Hi,

When I came out the RAF in 1967, I got a job with a commercial main dealer in Croydon. They ran a bonus system. They looked in the book to see how long a job should take, multiply that by the cost per hour,,and that is what the customer would pay. The mechanic got 25% of the quoted figure. If he worked fast, he could beat his hourly rate.

By Wednesday lunch time I was £20 ahead. Then the foreman gave me a pre-delivery check worth about £3 to me, but was going to take several hours. My work mates advised me to check the wheel nuts, check the engine oil level, and sign it off..... "The customer will tell us what needs fixing at the 500 mile service!". But I did the job concienciously, and picked up my standard pay at the end of the week.

I hope this bonus system has been abandoned. It might explain the bad press that British cars got all those years ago.

had to change old insurance over to new van for 1st of sept as i get my disabled tax which as you no you have to have insurance to get tax.

now we are been charged to keep the old van going we dont agree but thats the insurance for you.

• 3 weeks later...

you should of run your book

you`d be loaded by now. yes we got the van on condition they still finnish the repairs plus the new one

someone has left a deep long scratch on the bumpper :'(

going south this weekend to try it out it got to get better :-D

Archived