HOME DELIVERY

grocer jack

Never done it personally but I know people who have. We are members of the English Civil War Society. On some occasions when living history displays involving cooking are put on the people organising the displays have arranged deliveries by Tesco.

Graham

Charlie&me - 2007-09-04 8:06 PM

Tesco's only motive is profit and sod anyone else!

This last year I saved them several million pounds and they could'nt even say thankyou.

They ignored correspondence for that would mean acceptance relating to to the issue proposed by myself.

Sorry Charlie but your last sentence makes no sense, please elaborate.

D.

An avatar.

Charlie&me - 2007-09-04 8:06 PM Tesco's only motive is profit and sod anyone else!

Isn't that two then? I too am curious, do tell!

As for getting groceries delivered to a camp site, it's feasible I suppose, but I’m left slightly perplexed as to why this is thought to be a life enhancing experience.

A further observation. Tesco and the others aren’t meant to be philanthropic; they exist to make cash. If people don’t like them, they have the ultimate consumer choice.

Get over it.

By chance I overheard that Tesco deliver to the camp site shop at most of the Warners shows. I asked about this at the camp site shop directly to see if it was correct and they confirmed saying that fpr most things Tesco were cheaper than the local trade cash and carry.

davenewell@home - 2007-09-04 7:08 PM

Did Tesco deliver during the Civil war then Graham 8-) ?

D. >:-)

Done some extra reasearch - you have to contact The Extraordinary Supplying Civilwar Officer 8-) :D (?) 8-) :D

On a general note, though, I'm with Crinklystarfish - we would much rather spend our money with the local shops and markets wherever we are :-)

Graham

Charlie&me - 2007-09-04 8:06 PM Tesco's only motive is profit and sod anyone else!

I think you'll find that Tescos motives are similar to most other responsible retailers - Customer Service + Sales + Profit.

To answer the original post, yes, it can be done, we have friends who own a holiday home and they use the service regularly.

https://secure.tesco.com/superstore/p/help/address.htm

Archived