Boxer/Ducato MK1 &2 Cab Chassis Rust - looking to buy but put off !!

We have been looking for ages at vans but are struggling to find something that works for us due to my height - beds always far too short.

One van that does work is Autosleeper Talisman which we also like due to the leak and rot proof fibreglass Monocoque.

This is on Pre 06 boxer/ducato

However every van we've looked at has rotted out under the cab - wheel arches are full of holes and behind the front liner behind the headlights if you peel it back.

I've been able to push my finger into the "metal" in just about every van Ive seen on a forecourt - not just Autosleeper but any conversion on this chassis.

Some seem to have been undersealed at some point but you can always peel this away and the metal underneath is just crumbling away, which suggests it's rusting from inside out.

Are there any that are OK? I haven't seen anything yet I'd want to sink £20k+ into that gives me any confidence it'll give me more than a year or two's service before it's rusted beyond repair and I've looked at a lot.

Strangely they all look fine from the outside and many had brand new MOTs which I can't understand as they look so rotten even to my untrained eye.