Squeek Problem........

woody.

Can anyone out there help me , the cab of my fiat ducato autotrail chieftain has developed a squeek and its driving me and the wife round the bend , it seems to be coming from the floor area below the passenger seat , ive looked underneath and its sounds to be between the chassis and the floor , Any ideas welcome. :'(

Guest Jen's Grumpy Git

Hi

Sqeaks usually occur when you have two surfaces rubbing together, my initial suggestion would be to first check all the fixings under the seat and make sure that they are all tight, secondly try to make the squeak happen by exerting some force on the chair to see if it manifests itself, thirdly if all else fails get the wife to sit in the back(jokin)

Guest starspirit

Is your leisure battery in a locker below deck behind said passenger seat? If so is the battery secure and and locker lids etc also secure and padded against rattles?

Noises travel in vans and are often found some way from where they originate.

If that's the only noise in your Auto Trail you are indeed a lucky man!

My Tracker could have squeaked for England when we got it!

Well ive been under the van whilst the wife swayed on the door pillars to make it squeek and the noise is definitely coming from the under floor area at the passenger side like i said before it sounds to be where the chassis meets the floor , ill try some waxoyl and see what happens . Watch this space.......................... *-)

Guest starspirit

The cab doors may need adjusting to close properly and sometimes rubbing talcum powder along the rubber door seal can cure a squeak that can occur from this between metal and rubber?

BGD - 2007-09-10 12:52 PM

A small piece of chedder delicately placed upon a strong mousetrap and left below passenger seat overnight could cure the squeeking. :-D

Bruce, your sense of humour is awful - even worse than mine.

Check your emails.

Cheers

Dave

Archived