Brugge aire or campsite

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

Going there for a weekend during October half term. last time I stayed it was on the small Aire near the canal. the one under the dual carriageway, across from the bus station.

has any one any updates on if new Aire open and if you do location for my GPS would be nice.... :-D

or location of camping site if in walking distance of city.

and any must visit & must eats as well:-D on the subject of food, anyone tried the Den Dyver restaurant?

thanks Eddie

Guest JudgeMental

have been digging around...

on a badly translated website I think the new Aire is open but 40 euro for 24hours *-) I may be completely wrong on this as I could not really understand the translation....

looked for it again but cant find it *-)

camping memling is nearby - can cycle in during the day. maybe a cab job at night but 25 euro for a proper site with hard stand.

http://www.camping-memling.be/

JudgeMental - 2007-09-09 8:34 PM

or location of camping site if in walking distance of city.

Is this any use Eddie? 1.5 km is not far to walk.

http://www.trabel.com/brugge-camping-sintmichiel.htm

This is an auto-translation of a description of M/H parking in Bruges.

Carpark.

There exists in the south of the city a free carpark for the motor homes. After having left the motorway, to follow the signs for the station. Just after the station and its immense carpark of 1600 places reserved for cars, you will see on the right side the carpark for buses, opposite that reserved for the motor homes: there are between 25 and 30 places, not delimited.

Attention, many of cars there stay all day and set out again at the end of the afternoon. If the motor home carpark is full, it is possible to stay on the bus park and to spend the night there. It will cost you 25 Euros for a stay of between 12 and 24 hours. There is an automatic ticket machine. Possible payment in cash (coins & bills) or blue chart.

(Don't know what a blue chart is - probably a credit card?)

Finally, if you haven't come across it, this site is pretty good at translating chunks of text, or even whole websites.

http://world.altavista.com/

Hope this helps

Dave

Eddie ,

taken on board what old git said are you seriously going to pay that kind of money for a car park ? when you can have the campsite at not much more .....personally we will stick with the campsite as its about the same in distance from the town with the facilities . I might of thought of the car park had it of been worth it . IMO

Old Git - 2007-09-09 10:49 PM

There is an automatic ticket machine. Possible payment in cash (coins & bills) or blue chart.

(Don't know what a blue chart is - probably a credit card?)

I expect that should be Carte Bleue which is, indeed, a credit card. Some automatic translations can be amusing can't they?

Guest JudgeMental
Way2Go - 2007-09-10 7:11 AM

I don't know if these are any good for you?

still got my old non POI GPS I'm afraid....

can these be opened in Autoroute 2007?

Guest JudgeMental
Way2Go - 2007-09-10 7:11 AM

I don't know if these are any good for you?

Dave aka old git, membling is 1.9 miles and saint micihel 4.4 according to my mapsource. so aire or membling I think......

Just got this reply from tripadvisor "Brugge" forum:

From the Brugge city website

Camper vans

Apart from the coach parking area, the Canal Island (Kanaaleiland - Map E14) now has a camper van parking area as well.

This area is divided into two sections. The first section is meant for overnight parking, offers 37 camper van spaces and is equipped with water, electricity and a waste water collection point. The second section is reserved for short-term parking.

SECTION 1 (overnight parking)Charge

20 euros per night between April and September, low season: 15 euros per night.

Caution: you must vacate the parking area by 11.00 am. After 11.00 am, an additional night will be charged.

Info & reservations

Interparking: tel: 050/39.18.48, e-mail cbonte@interparking.com

SECTION 2 (short-term parking)

This zone offers 54 camper van parking spaces (overnight parking is not permitted).

Charge

< 5 hours : 5 euros

5 – 9 hours : + 1 euro per hour

10 - … : + 2 euros per hour

Apart from these camper van parking areas, there is also a parking lane along the ring road R30, between the city gates Gentpoort and Kruispoort, near the Speelpleinlaan (map J9). On this parking lane, all types of vehicles, including camper vans, may be parked.

Michele

We went before Christmas and there was plenty to do and see but we did not stay over Christmas.

The main square is full of festive cheer and set up with an ice rink and lots of stalls. The shops/buildings/streets which surround the square with their decorations and lights are worth seeing. Your children would no doubt enjoy the experience.

Camping Memling is within walking distance about (20minutes) to the main square.

The only problem we had was early morning freezing rain which made all roads like skating rinks. There were numerous traffic accidents and you could hear the sirens going all round the town.

John ,

Thanks for that reply we will definately be going half term and as I said we have been before so we know its quite a nice little walk. Problem was the little one was not amused and if she isn't amused you have had it no one gets to look at anything :D .

Have been asking about the christmas markets on another thread and really have not decide how far we will venture Dave and Frank & others gave me some nice ones just wondered what it was they did. Might be worth a look ..Cheers.

Old Git I got it and thank you one problem it shuts on the 23 start on the hols for us. Thanks anyway. :D

JudgeMental - 2007-09-10 12:28 PM

Dave aka old git, membling is 1.9 miles and saint micihel 4.4 according to my mapsource. so aire or membling I think......

Don't know Eddie - never been there, but I came across the Saint Michiel website and on it is;-

Camp site along the express road at 1,5 km from the historic town centre of Bruges.[/Quote]

That's all I was going on, and 1.5km is quite a lot less than 1.9 miles.

Cheers

Dave

Guest JudgeMental
michele - 2007-09-10 3:28 PM

Judge ,

You been there before ? *-)

stayed on the small Aire which was free. Only there for one night when I picked up the new van. but there was lots of building work going on around parking area - thats why i started this thread just to check on situation.

had a look around town and a nice dinner on one of the barge restaurants.

Mrs Mental has been there before (my time) as well - and managed to drink the place dry.....

have to go to the EuraMobil dealer (25 mins away) for the day, on some warranty issues. so heading there for a couple of nights....

regards Christmas market, not a patch on German ones according to Brugge forum. But a nice place to visit at anytime. and not far from the tunnel as well.

For anyone who hasn't seen Brugges it's a recommended visit.

One of the few advantages we have living in the southeast is the ability to hop across the channel and my favourite is to go to Brugges for lunch. It's only 80 miles from Calais so it's an easy day trip.

michele - 2007-09-10 9:52 AM . . . . If you don't mind what was it like at Christmas? . . . .

Hi Michele,

I took these last year in case you were interested.  We love Brugge at any time of year but its brilliant at Christmas.  Although the Belgium Christmas Markets (mainly food and clothing) tend not to be as good as the German ones (food, wooden toys, gifts and Oompah Bands) its still worth it.  The whole town takes on a Christmas feeling . . . . hmmmm.

W2G

Brugge_01.jpg.7a10cb21a02ffa6a38121e87b2a3c5f4.jpg

Brugge_02.jpg.b417fec1c6ef62bf51c110fd60206c42.jpg

Brugge_03.jpg.c18dd39e889076ed07dca80ef7e27728.jpg

Brugge_04.jpg.71974fcde09b988317bb632acfd24b29.jpg

JudgeMental - 2007-09-10 12:10 PM
Way2Go - 2007-09-10 7:11 AM I don't know if these are any good for you?
still got my old non POI GPS I'm afraid.... can these be opened in Autoroute 2007?

Hey Judge,

Attached are the same files in a CSV format ready to import or a single AXE file containing all of them ;-)

Ain't it about time you upgraded that ol' Garmin?

:-) :-) :-)

W2G

Belgium_CSV.zip

Belgium Camping_AXE.zip

Archived