Motorhome weight Calculator Spreadsheet

I seem to recall that a few years ago there was a spreadsheet produced on here that allowed you to calculate axle weights with regard to rear overhang. I can't find it? 

There is one on motorhome fun here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/motor-home-weight-calculator-spreadsheet.149044/

..... but as I am not a member of "Fun" I am unable to download it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a spreadsheet please? I recently went to a weighbridge fully loaded and was pleasantly surprised to find I was 3600Kg and within axle limits for my 3850 Benimar. I want to play around with weights and positions of loads to see if I can get down to around 3500Kg, and thus obviate the need for a C1 medical.

Jeremy

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Robinhood said:

Thanks Robin, but it doesn't do what I want? It simply says that axle loads are OK. I tried entering a negative weight to eg remove the motorbike but it wouldn't accept it?

What I am after is a spreadsheet that allows you to move weights around, so you can do a "what if" calculation.

Edited by laimeduck

I don't remember a 'spreadsheet' of this type ever being on the Out&AboutLive forums, but a series of "Watch Your Weight" articles authored by the late-Mel Eastburn were published in MMM Magazine and these included an image of a 'generic' motorhome showing how to calculate the effect on the vehicle's front and rear axle-loadings of hanging something (eg. a motorbike) on the vehicle's rear. 

I've dumped all my old motorhome-related 'bumph', and I'm not sure if the image and the simple formula for calculating the load effect)is is still on this forum (though I remember posting it here several times years ago).

However, try this...

https://www.practicalmotorhome.com/advice/safe-loading-and-payloads

11 minutes ago, Derek Uzzell said:

I don't remember a 'spreadsheet' of this type ever being on the Out&AboutLive forums, but a series of "Watch Your Weight" articles authored by the late-Mel Eastburn were published in MMM Magazine and these included an image of a 'generic' motorhome showing how to calculate the effect on the vehicle's front and rear axle-loadings of hanging something (eg. a motorbike) on the vehicle's rear. 

I've dumped all my old motorhome-related 'bumph', and I'm not sure if the image and the simple formula for calculating the load effect)is is still on this forum (though I remember posting it here several times years ago).

However, try this...

https://www.practicalmotorhome.com/advice/safe-loading-and-payloads

Thanks Derek, I found a similar useful article here ;- https://www.caravanguard.co.uk/news/how-to-calculate-your-motorhome’s-safe-weight-limits-4104/

Last night I wrote my own spreadsheet, which is specific to my Benimar and what we have in it. It allows me to play with the weights and positions. I can "move" the weights by using negative Kg figures and alter their positions in the garage ..... the screenshot gives the general idea. 

If it's fairly accurate it means that I don't have to empty the van for a trip to a weighbridge, I can theoretically move the weights.

Jeremy

Mabel loading spreadsheet.jpg

Jeremy, I think what you may be referring can be found in an article by the late, great, Mel Eastburn, published on page 205 of the August 2004 edition of MMM.  If back copies (or the article) from that far back are still available from Warners, it may provide the bones of what you want. 

It did for me, and I used it to make my own, more detailed  and more comprehensive version, that I have used and proved over the four vans we owned since 2005. 

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of that edition of MMM, or the article. 

I'm a bit reluctant to copy you a copy of my own fully developed version as, depending on your own familiarity with Excel and the necessary formula on which it relies, it might be be more confusing than help!

I do however have a simplified version which extends to only two linked spreadsheets that should give a foundation from which to build.  If you want it PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send it over.