if i ordered

panagah

Guest JudgeMental
panagah - 2007-09-13 11:36 AM

JudgeMental - 2007-09-12 2:07 PM

With Dave on this one. The initial question was so vague, so wide in scope, and contain so many variables as to be more or less unanswerable in any meaningful way.

There is a recent tendency on here for lazy & flippant posting which is destroying this forum.....

Jesus what a load of tosh, I only asked a question.

Perhaps I should of put a smilie after my knickes quote, didn't expect to cause such an isue.

But as for lazy flippant posting? youre having a laugh surely? missing a smilie? I may be a new user to this forum but use many others, and enjoy reading the comments that many of you make. The question isnt lazy in any way. Its simple really, what are peoples experiences of waiting after ordering from a show.

It seems quite evident that this site is very un-welcoming and ran by a unique click of persons that believe only their posts should get the desired attention.

Think I will spend the time doing what I enjoy most, actually using my MH than spending time talking about it in future.

Why have you taken the lazy & flippant posting paragraph as being all about you? It was a generalisation not a personal attack - but here we go again with people not engaging there brain before setting questions and then overreacting and lashing out....

In no way was my post intended to offend anyone.

QUESTION: I am going to the Earls court motor show today and will order a new car how long will I have to wait?

ANSWER: how longs a piece of string?

More information is required – UK or European manufacturer, 2008 model or happy with 2007, which dealer etc.... You may then get more meaningful replies.

I think its the weather I think it gets everyone on edge.

Why dont we call it a day now before people anyone becomes upset .

Why dont we all learn to be nice to each other .

And why as someone else said do we in future not ask what the other person means instead of jumping to a bad conclusion ...

a bad conclusion results in a bad outcome...Surely you all agree ?.

Guest caraprof
panagah - 2007-09-13 11:36 AM
JudgeMental - 2007-09-12 2:07 PM With Dave on this one. The initial question was so vague, so wide in scope, and contain so many variables as to be more or less unanswerable in any meaningful way. There is a recent tendency on here for lazy & flippant posting which is destroying this forum.....
Jesus what a load of tosh, I only asked a question. Perhaps I should of put a smilie after my knickes quote, didn't expect to cause such an isue. But as for lazy flippant posting? youre having a laugh surely? missing a smilie? I may be a new user to this forum but use many others, and enjoy reading the comments that many of you make. The question isnt lazy in any way. Its simple really, what are peoples experiences of waiting after ordering from a show. It seems quite evident that this site is very un-welcoming and ran by a unique click of persons that believe only their posts should get the desired attention. Think I will spend the time doing what I enjoy most, actually using my MH than spending time talking about it in future.

I do think that you are being a little unfair to this site and its members. I've just speed-read the posts again and the majority are sensible replies giving you good advice. You make no mention of them and just concentrate on those that you think are slightly derogatory (which they're not as it happens).

It's a pity that the little misunderstanding arose over the 'piece of string' quote but there's nobody more helpful and friendly than Dave Newell and if you stick around you'll realise that.

panagah - 2007-09-12 11:30 AM

handyman - 2007-09-12 8:45 AM

i think i'll stick with buying the previous years show model. Its new (ish), its been sitting around for a while, with people viewing it.It can be ready in 2 weeks (with new plate), you see the actual van your buying, and its cheaper.

Well that was exactly what I was thinking. And as for the piece of string answer? well no i shouldn't of asked that, because the answers that have been given are just what I was looking for, just an idea of what peoples experiences are which i thought that this forum is about.

And anyhow everyone knows how long a piece of string is. Ecuse me whist I go and untangle my knickers.

why has everyone taken offense with this reply, she is thanking everyone and making a joke about a piece of string

Going back to the original question asked I suppos its a matter of which make and model which dealership and what if any extra's are required.

We bought our motorhome at the NEC last October after doing our homework from Brownhills ( don't laugh ) our expected ETA was Feb / March 2007, we received a phone call begining of Dec and picked it up on 9th Dec..and were more than happy..

Archived