Holland

Guest Colin T

Guest Colin T
Is it just camp sites or can you wild camp in Holland. Also can't find a ferry under £180? thought I had read about cheaper prices than that! Any help greatfuly received. Thanks Colin T

Guest Don Madge
Colin, Don't even think about wild camping in the Netherlands there's a fine of €90 if you get caught. I personally know two motorhomers who were given a rough time by the police. Don

Guest PeteC
You can wild camp for as lond as you require at two places on the 'Afsluitdijk' 'Breezandijk' and 'Kornwerderzand' Both are on the North (Wadden See) side of the dijk At Breezandijk there is a small resident community on the Isselmere side and an unusd harbour on the other where pelnty of people stay At Kornwederzand there is a harbour on the Wadden See side wher some people have been wild camping for 18 months non stop

Guest Colin T
Got a ferry booked £60.00 Return, via P&O through www.aferry.co.uk , P&O direct wanted £180, Leave at 21.00 9th return 9.15 25th. With fiddeling with sailing times got fair down from over £100 too £60.00 but if paying with c/card they charge £1.19 surcharge, but can pay by debit card, never seen that before. Now got to find somewhere to stay. So any good site books wood be helpful. Thanks Colin T

Guest ANDY B
I have booked with SEAFRANCE fore 1 Sep for £50.00 return (returning 1 Oct). Booked thru internet at SEAFRANCE web site.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cattwg
Hope this reply is not too late. In our experience campsites in Holland are very good but also very expensive. We successfully used Camping and Touring Cheques when there for four weeks last year - but of course these are only valid 'out of season'. As for wild camping, we were told by some Belgians that you are allowed to over-night in the motorway service areas. We did this once - with the Belgians for company. They also advised that wild camping is illegal. Not withstanding the reply above? Regards Cattwg

Archived