Trailer

horse444

:-D hi, I was wondering if any-one could help, we are travelling with our motorhome thru france to costa-del-sol and then back to costa blance for our return end of october, however, we have a large tailer and car, and worry that a lot of sites might not have space for trailer, any good sites?

thank you. Prefer with indoor pool as we all like to swim.MM

HI can't answer your question with specific sites as you don't state in which area you will be travelling. I can only speak for the wonderful motorhome friendly France. There are many sites in France geared up to take your kind of outfit. You might find it useful to buy yourself the aires decamping book, or I simply take ACSI preloaded on my laptop in order to track a site down when I wish to stop. If you give any site a call prior to arrival you should be fine. Whenever we tour France or (europe) there are plenty of large outfits where ever we stay, be it on a site or in an aire.

Hi Margaret,

You sound the exact opposite to us but want to try what we do normally.

We have only ever once used the autoroutes to come back from southern France and that was because of an emergency, otherwise we saunter down all the littlest roads Janet can see on the map. Its totally useless using a sat nav unless you spend all night putting all the junctions in. We use a Michelin map.

Don,t forget that unless specified otherwise all roads will accept a 42 tonner Articulated vehicle. For us any road that permits 3.5 tonnes is game.

We have "done" the west coast several times and its not my favourite route, a bit windy and cool compared to inland but necessary if you want to visit places like Aramanches etc. Its also a bit crowded in peak season.

We normally skirt around Paris through the outlying villages and take 3 or 4 easy days to get to Millau where there are lots of camp sites. The one at Aguessac is peacefull, spacious and a 10 minute cycle ride from Millau.

Its then a morning saunter down to Agde which is not that far from Espania.

My most vivid memory of spain was a police man insisting that our small fridge (in a Dormobile) was a televisio and consequently banned in Spain.

The contents behind the door convinced him otherwise!

Enjoy.

hi clive, thank you very much for your helpful reply, I was more concerned with the length of the trailer in the villages of Frances, and being that my hubby (is unlike me) very easily troubled if he thinks he might be holding some-one up, PROPER GENTLEMAN (lol) we go to spain alot and as you say hurry down to get sun, but this time we intended spending some time in France before meeting friends in spain, maybe you can answer the question from wales, but we thought you had to pay for all wheels on road, thanks again.Margaret M

Archived