Toilet cassette "crud"

Ralph

Ralph - 2007-09-15 9:07 AM

I was talking to someone on a MH rally last week who said that he is often asked by fellow motorhomers for the nearest Lidl. As we were chatting someone else came up and spontaneously mentioned buying something at Lidl. We must all be cheapskates (lol)

I'm not just a Lidl cheapskate - I use Aldi and Netto as well - and all the pound shops :D :D :D

Graham

GJH - 2007-09-15 10:55 AM

I'm not just a Lidl cheapskate - I use Aldi and Netto as well - and all the pound shops :D :D :D

Graham

Pound shops? Do you have any branches of the 99p store locally? They make pound shops seem expensive :-D

Seriously, they have some great bargains but some awful tat that's not even worth 99p http://www.99pstoresltd.com/

Ralph - 2007-09-15 12:01 PM

Pound shops? Do you have any branches of the 99p store locally? They make pound shops seem expensive :-D

Seriously, they have some great bargains but some awful tat that's not even worth 99p http://www.99pstoresltd.com/

Yes Ralph, we have the lot.

Poundworld & Poundland in Stockton, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool & Redcar and the 99p Store in Stockton & Redcar.

You're right about the tat but we have had some very good value from each of them over the years.

Graham

Re, crud

I have just had this problem with the used motorhome we have just bought.

The best thing to get rid of this limescale substance is to use a weak acid cleaner/solution.

I used brick cleaner in mine as it's acid based. Then topped up with water and left for a few hours. You need to be careful and follow the safety instructions, but once rinsed out, it comes up like brand new.

Jason.

Ralph - 2007-09-17 5:30 PM

Next time out will be the crunch as I'll find out if it leaks when I cart it off to empty it :->

Crunch? Ow!! That sounds painful (lol)

If you are worried about leaks, part fill the cassette with a few litres of cold water and shake it around a bit. That should find any problems.

Graham

Archived