Digital antena

4petedaniel

Hi I am looking to fit a antena to my clubmam Van , I need feedback on your experiance as there seems to be contradictory advice on this subject

what I am looking for is a inexpencive aerial that I will be able to use on the new digital system and will work on freeview.and on a 12volt/230 system. Pete Daniel :-|

The Status 530 is a five element wideband aerial, I'm not sure if its of the log periodic design or not but no five element will ever perform as well as a 10 element. The Status 530 is such a good aerial that it comes with an amplifier as standard, that should tell you something! I supply both the Status 530 and the Smarty with a pole, brackets and external aerial point, the Status is around £200 fitted and the Smarty around £100 fitted (that's mounting brackets and external aerial connection fitted). I use a Smarty on an extending pole myself and reception has never been less than great, mind you we haven't tried it everywhere yet because we haven't been everywhere yet. ;-)

D.

I was reading an article about Yagi v Periodic Log arials and decided to do some scientific experiments, or to put it another way, last weekend I was skieving off house building to watch grand prix and trying to get a decent picture. Van was parked 11 miles from Sandy Heath transmitter,next to large! beech hedge which was swaying in wind, 10 element yagi arial was getting a blocky picture, so I dug out my old small Periodic Log arial and it performed much better. The article had stated that a large Yagi would pull in a weaker signal than Periodic Log, but the Periodic Log would perform better with interferance, well the interferance part seens correct.

Is not a wide band yagi a log periodic????

My digital aerial cost me £6.95 and that was for the "Antiference" wideband 9 element yagi purchased from an TV/Aerial shop. Buy yourself one of those three section mast they sell for mounting on the jockey wheel of a caravan, current cost £15, and for an outlay of £21.95 you have an aerial every bit as good as any mobile aerial sold on the market today.

peedee

Archived