fridge not working on ehu

peapod

Hoping someone can advise. My dometic 3 way fridge in Elddis motorhome is working fine on gas but when plugged into EHU, either site or home, it doesn't work.  Not sure if it works on 12v or not. I have checked the main fusebox and there are no switches out of line so I guess thats ok. I thought maybe it could be a fridge fuse but have no idea where I would find that. 

Our Pioneer (Autocruise) Renoir baffled me when we first got it as the fridge was not working on 240v. I remember a previous van conversion having a 240v socket for the fridge located behind it and accessed through the bottom vent. After a good look round the Renoir found a fused switch (with LED light) in the wardrobe above the fridge that controlled power to it - always leave it on now. 

David

On 29/08/2024 at 19:49, david lloyd said:

Our Pioneer (Autocruise) Renoir baffled me when we first got it as the fridge was not working on 240v. I remember a previous van conversion having a 240v socket for the fridge located behind it and accessed through the bottom vent. After a good look round the Renoir found a fused switch (with LED light) in the wardrobe above the fridge that controlled power to it - always leave it on now. 

David

Interesting that you should mention that David, as it echoes the installation in my 2006 IH PVC.

If the fridge does not have its dedicated 240V MCB, and is connected to the general van 240V system, then it should be connected via a fused plug and socket, or a fused connection unit. A 3A fuse would be adequate.  My personal preference is for a plug and socket, which enables the fridge to be unplugged for servicing, or removal, without having to disconnect any wiring.

Alan