Spain: late autumn

BobGarrett

We had planned a trip to Spain from mid August to end September but "events" prevented it. Now we are looking at being able to travel late September to mid November. We are worried though that many of the touristy places might be closed and there being fewer places to stay in a motorhome.

Has anyone any experience of that time of year?

We are going out tomorrow and find no problem with places to stay around ALmoradi in the costa Blanca. I tend to use Park 4 Night and it works perfectly. Some Aires will be busy late September onwards for those staying 3 months. 
I did have a place there and that’s why we enjoy going back to this area. 

I’d have thought that certain places would be extremely busy with long staying motorhomers - certainly on the med south of Valencia, and don’t forget the Dutch, Germans & French aren’t limited to 90 days.  We’ve noticed, heading north in mid-October in past years, streams of vans heading South.  Some sites seem to get fully booked, but obviously it may depend where you’re heading.

In the Mazarron area of Spain most of the sites are full from late October onwards. We have managed to get a pitch but without electric which isn't a problem for us. Area Camping Mazarron is fully booked and we are number 100 on the wait list, and that site has 300+ pitches. Our local site in Vera, Carpe Diem, is also booked to capacity.

Probably best to enquire in advance if you want somewhere particular.