Eberspacher Warm Water Heating

gooner260268

I have a new Frankia a 840 BD with the above heating system which works very well. It has a thermostaic control and although it has the option to blow warm air , we have not needed this as the water heated radiators have provided a much quieter and suttle heat. The problem is that we have had 2 complaints from seperate sites about the noise the unit makes when the thermostat kicks in at night from the outside from caravanners who are on the pitch the side of the heater unit. We are not affected inside but we do not want to spoil other peoples tranquility. I have been staying at camping & caravan & caravan club sights where we have been the only motorhome around the 8m size.

Are there different sites with bigger pitches for larger motorhomes and / or has anyone has similiar problems? :-( (?)

Hi Keith,

We had one of those in our last MH, certainly nice to use in the winter, pre heats the engine and the interior etc.. the drawback was the amount of amps it uses as Clive remarked.

Regarding the noise level - it's possible to have two silencer boxes fitted to the exhaust system to reduce the noise, I wonder if yours has this modification already? The eberspachers fitted with the two boxes in series cannot be heard when around 20' away.

Regards Terry

Archived