Traveling in India With a Van

razen

Hey everyone!

I'm planning a trip across India and thinking about renting a Tempo Traveller for the journey. Here's the one I'm considering: https://indiatourbycaranddriver.com/vehicle/12-seater-tempo-traveller/

I'll be traveling to some pretty popular places in India —Mumbai, Goa, Delhi, Agra, Kerala, and Rajasthan. I like the idea of having the flexibility to go wherever and not worry about train schedules or flights, especially since the route I’m planning covers a lot of ground!

Has anyone here traveled India in a van like this? Do you think it’s a good idea? Any tips for the roads, safety, or general advice? I’d love to hear from people who’ve done long road trips in India before.

Is there anything I should keep in mind while traveling by road in these regions? How’s the availability of places to park, rest stops, and fuel stations? Also, I’m a bit concerned about traffic and the condition of the roads, especially in the more rural areas.

Looking forward to your thoughts—thanks in advance!

Cheers! 😊