fuel cap security.....

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

A colleague who bought an S type was alerted to this by dealer who supplied a different locking fuel cap.

Thieves can prise of your fuel cap and take it away, you are unlikely to even noticed it has gone particularly if it has a lid.

Then at leisure they can get a key made and come back and take your motorhome/vehicle.

If Cat 1 alarm fitted all well and good, if different key or non lockable cap likewise.

but you have to give them an A star for ingenuity *-)

Judge, forgive me but are you not being a wee bit pessimistic? What are the chances of my fuel cap being stolen whilst I am parked up, say, on Calais seafront, a key being made up (overnight?). Bingo, next morning I have gone! Same would apply in U.K. I suggest.

Odds are so long I would not worry about it!!

Regards, Mike.

Mike Parke - 2007-09-17 2:50 PM

Judge, forgive me but are you not being a wee bit pessimistic? What are the chances of my fuel cap being stolen whilst I am parked up, say, on Calais seafront, a key being made up (overnight?). Bingo, next morning I have gone! Same would apply in U.K. I suggest.

Odds are so long I would not worry about it!!

Regards, Mike.

I think that this type of theft targets motorhomes parked on the drive at home. It has been occurring for several years, apparently.

J9

Archived