Frankia or Hymer

michele

Frankkia - 2007-09-18 11:26 PM

Sorry forgot to say - If going for the Frankia go for the Fiat. Why I hear you Merc heads shout? 'Cos (in order to compensate for the transmission shaft taking space away from the double floor) they have kinked the roof upwards in the middle. This not only looks untidy but it gets in the way of the things you may wish to put on the roof (large solars / sat dishes etc).

Does the prop shaft go straight through the habitation area Frankkia? I know Merc tend to over engineer everything but it must be a bl**dy thick shaft if they've had to raise the roof. Suppose its useful to hang the washing on while you're going along - a sort of spin dryer. Might be worth considering Michele!

Vernon

Thai Bry - 2007-09-19 4:03 PM

Steve

No worries, we use the Solar version of the silverscreen, which has a privacy panel. This will allow you to turn down the centre section of the silverscreen, but leaves a net effect secondary screen. This allows you to see out, but difficult for people to see in.

HOWEVER!!! you must remember that as soon as it gets dark, you put up the external section otherwise when the lights are on everybody outside can see in.

Perfect for voyeuristic couples!!

Thai

Thai post a picture please I want to see your nets at the front the solar version ;-)

Michelle,

Sorry to be the one with the slightly more negative picture, but here goes anyway.

1. We had a w/s breakage after just 5 weeks on our Mibilvetta A Class and it was duly repaired by AutoGlass. But a real problem. The black runner surround sucked out twivce on the m'way and the black liquid seal did leak on occasion. So 2 return trips to AutoGlass - their view on the lekages was that it is very difficult to seal against rough finished GRP.

2. Check very carefully what a replacement windscreen costs. Virtually all insurers now have an upper limit on w/s glass replacement - typically around £2,000 to £2500 and some of the replacements (Concordes, for example) can cost around £4,000 - and you pay the extra.

Mel E

====

Clive,

You know I'm not a great Merc fan, but do NOT get anything built on the Iveco chassis - the ride is awful, bouncy and difficult to modify. Just my opinion, of course. If in doubt, follow an Iveco of roughly the same size for a while and observe it bouncing up and down.

Mel E

====

Archived