fold down table

mrs p hancox

can anyone help we have an 2006 elddis 150 (this means rear L shaped lounge) with a cupboard to put your tv on. brill howver we use a satellite box and cause we have an old type tv we have only got space to put satellite ontop of tv, and cause that is at an angle said box slips off. Hoever we have seen in other elddis layouts that have a U shaped lounge they have a cute little drop down shelf to put tv on so we thought ah we could put one of those above tv and put satellite on job done weasy peasy, have tried to order one nightmare elddis will not deal direct and need a build number of model that has such tv shelf, barrons who supplied say same, as do very helpful lady at Brown hills. Our problem is though the model changed at start of this year, as did the colour of interior wood. Therfore we now have to find a second hand U shaped lounge model and get vin number!!! I have been several dealers and no such luck have approached people at petrol stations , do any of you know any one with such a model as I require, as now starting to feel like a stalker!!

Guest caraprof

I had this same problem so I made a simple box to put the TV on and the digibox then went underneath.

To explain more simply, it is a rectangular piece of wood, big enough to hold the TV and the digibox underneath it. It only has sides on the narrow ends so that the front and rear are open so that you can operate the digibox and feed the cables out of the back.

The sides are about two inches high, or slightly higher if you've a larger digibox and need to give it some air to keep cool.

I placed this on my TV table with the digibox underneath and placed the TV on top. It's a very simple solution and saves drilling into your 'van etc. but it works superbly.

caraprof - 2007-09-19 1:23 PM

I had this same problem so I made a simple box to put the TV on and the digibox then went underneath.

I did something similar when we had a TV & video in a bedroom at home. As Frank says, very simple and very effective.Graham

only problem with this suggestion (well actually two) firstly another thing to put away/store/carry where as if it just folds down its already there, and secondly, Hubby put a Lcd tv on wall (after much debating about holes etc) only to find that as we 12volt alot it would not kick in when battery was bit low, so we removed that one as a no go idea, but are left with three tiny but visable screw holes, the drop down shelf would cover this a treat!

mrs p hancox - 2007-09-19 1:59 PM

only problem with this suggestion (well actually two) firstly another thing to put away/store/carry where as if it just folds down its already there, and secondly, Hubby put a Lcd tv on wall (after much debating about holes etc) only to find that as we 12volt alot it would not kick in when battery was bit low, so we removed that one as a no go idea, but are left with three tiny but visable screw holes, the drop down shelf would cover this a treat!

Have you tried caravan breakers/recyclers? There could be a few bits on offer following the flood damage to a number of motorhomes/caravans earlier this year.

Graham

What about making one yourself rather than going to motorhome manufacturer route? A nice chopping board, or a cheap table top/unit from such as B&Q, MFI, Ikea should do the trick with a piano hinge or a couple of smaller hinges fastened to and one of the cheap plastic swing out supports that you can get from motorhome shops to support the shelf in the horizontal position, as the weight won't be much although if you used a better support you could also use it as additional worktop. You'd also need a bolt or some such item to lock it in the upright position when not in use.

Other suggestion - is there a high level cupboard above roughly where the box sits now? If so, what about fastening it to the underneath of the bottom of the cupboard so you can leave it permanently in situ and just link it to your TV as and when you need it. You then don't have to bother storing it at all and s long as you are careful about how you do it, you shouldn't leave too much of a mark to show it's been there at all (and any holes would be under the cupboard in any case).

Archived