corner steadies?

phantom

JudgeMental - 2007-09-22 1:58 PM

fiamma wind up jacks, set of four, plastic £23 alloy £32

I had a look at these at York yesterday.

The illustration on the box showed them being used underneath the body panels rather than underneath a chassis member. The people on the stall were busy so I wasn't able to ask - but wouldn't this be prone to causing damage to the body panels?

Graham

Guest JudgeMental
GJH - 2007-09-23 9:46 AM

JudgeMental - 2007-09-22 1:58 PM

fiamma wind up jacks, set of four, plastic £23 alloy £32

I had a look at these at York yesterday.

The illustration on the box showed them being used underneath the body panels rather than underneath a chassis member. The people on the stall were busy so I wasn't able to ask - but wouldn't this be prone to causing damage to the body panels?

Graham

Hi Graham

at the risk of awakening the attention of one of the miserable trolls that seem to police this site.

I doubt that they are designed for bodywork, for as you say most panels are flimsy and not load bearing.

but on fiamma website dimensions say they extend to 43cm, so long enough for most of us I think....

Eddie

JudgeMental - 2007-09-23 10:54 AM

Hi Graham

at the risk of awakening the attention of one of the miserable trolls that seem to police this site.

I doubt that they are designed for bodywork, for as you say most panels are flimsy and not load bearing.

but on fiamma website dimensions say they extend to 43cm, so long enough for most of us I think....

Eddie

Thanks very much Eddie.

I measured the distance from the ground to the chassis members at the rear of our Autoquest some time ago and it was too much for the Fiamma steadies.

Never mind, we've managed for 15 months without steadies so I'm not going to lose sleep over it :-D

Graham

Guest caraprof
JudgeMental - 2007-09-23 10:54 AM
GJH - 2007-09-23 9:46 AM
JudgeMental - 2007-09-22 1:58 PM fiamma wind up jacks, set of four, plastic £23 alloy £32
I had a look at these at York yesterday. The illustration on the box showed them being used underneath the body panels rather than underneath a chassis member. The people on the stall were busy so I wasn't able to ask - but wouldn't this be prone to causing damage to the body panels? Graham
Hi Graham at the risk of awakening the attention of one of the miserable trolls that seem to police this site. I doubt that they are designed for bodywork, for as you say most panels are flimsy and not load bearing. but on fiamma website dimensions say they extend to 43cm, so long enough for most of us I think.... Eddie

Oh dear, another one who is beginning to pepper his threads with unnecessary snide remarks about unnamed people. Why do you do this and do you really think that it helps anyone?

At least I tried to answer his question seriously about the benefits of corner steadies whilst all you did was try to justify your decision not to have them.

Archived