SERVICING OF HYMER IN THE UK

Guest Kfwkiss

Hi, me and my partner are new to Motorhoming and have just bought a 2002 Hymer Motorhome. As we live just North of Lancaster can any body recommend where we can take the vehicle to be serviced/repaired? My Partner thinks that we should return the vehicle to Hymer UK as they are the UK importer (so I gather?) and therefore have the necssary experience however im not too sure and want to know whether a local dealer/ caravan dealer can do the work? Does any one have any advice or experiences so help me make up my mind?

Thanks - Kit.

Hello Kit

From your post I gather that you are looking a service / repair provider for the future rather than wanting it repaired so soon after buying it

You have not said whether you have bought your motor home from a dealer or privately. Either way you can see in the hand book where and when it has been serviced. This should give you a starting point, but if you bought it from a dealer then there should be some guarantee with it and that should cover any repairs.

Hope this helps

BTW Hymer Uk are at Preston

Rgds

VoH

Kfwkiss - 2007-09-21 1:41 PM Hi, me and my partner are new to Motorhoming and have just bought a 2002 Hymer Motorhome. As we live just North of Lancaster can any body recommend where we can take the vehicle to be serviced/repaired? My Partner thinks that we should return the vehicle to Hymer UK as they are the UK importer (so I gather?) and therefore have the necssary experience however im not too sure and want to know whether a local dealer/ caravan dealer can do the work? Does any one have any advice or experiences so help me make up my mind? Thanks - Kit.

Hi Kate & welcome.

Please try the following site.

http://www.friendlyhippo.co.uk/hymerdirect/

They are based in Preston and the main people used to work at Madisons, which then became Hymer UK which in turn became part of the Brownhills empire.You will see from their website that they are ALL fully trained by Hymer, so there will be no issues with Water Ingress & Habitation checks.

I have used them in the past, and will have no qualms in using them for anything on our brand new Hymer vehicle.

I must state that I have nothing to do with this company, but they are a very good alternative to Hymer Uk, especially with them being based near you.

Hope this helps.

If you need anything further, then you can e-mail me or pm me.

Thai

Hi All

Thanks for this helpful information - I have been and gone and flicked through the masses of paperwork received; the previous owner was very thorough(!) and I can see what appears to be a comprehensive service history. Most of the servicing appears to have been done at Brownhills Newark although one water ingress check was done by Hymer UK and they have put stickers in the book; are these a Brownhills creation? The cynic in me thinks a way to get money but my partner says not!

The stickers/stamps in the hand/service book are to prove that water ingress checks have been done.

Would agree with Thai Bry about the alternative to Brownhill Group. I think that your vehicle may have one more year water ingress guarantee. Suggest you check this against your documentation. The details of the guarantee are in the front of the hand/service book

Archived