Fiat X250 steering problem

merrison

I couldn't find the website anywhere BUT have just called Fiat's "Pan European number" 00800 3428 0000 (yes it does need 2 0's at the start - and 3428 "spells" Fiat :-S )

If you call that number and choose option 3 - just give your registration number and / or Vin (? chassis) number and they can access all available recalls on your vehicle - no matter what year ;-)

catinou - 2007-10-25 11:15 AM

I couldn't find the website anywhere BUT have just called Fiat's "Pan European number" 00800 3428 0000 (yes it does need 2 0's at the start - and 3428 "spells" Fiat :-S )

If you call that number and choose option 3 - just give your registration number and / or Vin (? chassis) number and they can access all available recalls on your vehicle - no matter what year ;-)

Yes that works well.....found 3 on mine which have not been advised, ref 5221 corroding injector, 5247 fuel injection flash, 5251 power pipe. None of these mean much to me, but I shallg et on to the local dealer and see what needs to be done. Van is on X250/2.3 enjine first reg July 07.

Thanks for this info Catinou, great help.

After requesting details from the dealer who has our van at present - they have now said the steering rack problem on ours was a minor recall as Fiat had a couple of minor problems ("probably LHD early models"). Our fix was for the rack & pinion to be regreased - whatever that is? :-S

Archived