York Show problems

Shirley1954

Did anyone else have problems at the York Show?

Our complaints are: Why were the disabled pitched so far away from the exhibition area ?

Why was the entrance allowed to become so muddy etc? The rain was forcast, so why was there no metal road in place right up the exit/entrance onto the road?

The layout of the whole exhibition area was so unorganised compared with the Three Counties show.

Also the steward on Gate 2 was such a "Jobsworth"!

Hi Shirley

What was wrong with the layout of the exhibition area? I thought it was nice and compact and well grouped?:-S

Can't comment on the steward, although I must admit I wish generally they knew what was going on - got the run-around trying to find out exactly where the 'meet the team' event was taking place ... got plenty of exercise in the process though! :-D

Mel B - 2007-09-24 10:45 PM

Can't comment on the steward, although I must admit I wish generally they knew what was going on - got the run-around trying to find out exactly where the 'meet the team' event was taking place ... got plenty of exercise in the process though! :-D

I think the clue was in the great big MMM flag that could be seen from all over Mel. Stewards had probably been briefed not to give too much away in case they embarrassed people :D :D :D

Fortunately I am able bodied so cannot comment on disabled parking.

I never managed to stay overnight at the show this year,but I did visit on Saturday by car.

I went purely to view the accessory stands on this occasion but found it extremely difficult finding them all as they were not all in one area but slotted in here and there, I left for home feeling quite worn out and somewhat disappointed because I felt that I should have been able to see more

Colin

We go to the York Show every year, as day visitors. We found the layout very difficult this year. We like to look around at spares and accessories, but found them difficult to find. They were muddled up with the dealers, so it was a matter of trying to cover the whole showground. We missed a few of the stands we wanted to see. As far as the mud is concerned it's a shame, but it is September on a grass site, the organisers can only do so much.

As far should we wave or not, I bet the miserable ones that do not want people to wave are the same people who never speak or smile at anyone in the street.

Hi,

I don't know about the York Show as I didn't go But I can tell you the Shepton mallet Show was great loads and loads of stalls hundreds of motorhomes for sale and we got our brand new Fiamma 3.5 metre awning supplied and fitted for £315 all in, so i think the show was great

and just to add the weather was sunny and dry

Hope this helps

Brian

enodreven - 2007-09-25 8:50 PM

Hi,

I don't know about the York Show as I didn't go But I can tell you the Shepton mallet Show was great loads and loads of stalls hundreds of motorhomes for sale and we got our brand new Fiamma 3.5 metre awning supplied and fitted for £315 all in, so i think the show was great

and just to add the weather was sunny and dry

Hope this helps

Brian

Errrr Brian, could you explain how you think telling us about a different show in the opposite end of the country is any help to a thread about "problems" encountered in York?

Maybe its just me but I fail to see the connection 8-)

D.

davenewell@home - 2007-09-25 9:43 PM

Errrr Brian, could you explain how you think telling us about a different show in the opposite end of the country is any help to a thread about "problems" encountered in York?

Maybe its just me but I fail to see the connection 8-)

D.

Well, if I'm allowed to be smug maybe Brian's allowed to gloat (lol) (lol) (lol)

Graham

parkmoy - 2007-09-26 9:08 AM

I have to say I also found the layout very confusing and the map in the show guide very unhelpful. Why not group the accessories together?

Do you think the organisers will read this thread and take note???

No probably not. traders are often given the choice of having the same pitch as the previous year and obviously for those that take this option there will be no change to layout. Personally I didn't have a problem finding anything I wanted, I just wandered aimlessly around till I found something of interest.

D.

Dave Newell - 2007-09-26 4:10 PM

Careful Graham, you're starting to sound like Cleggy form last of the summer wine.

D.

Perhaps not surprising Dave, I was born less than 14 miles from Holmfirth :D

I'm pretty good at gormless an' all (lol)

Graham

I would have preferred that all accessary stands had been together, but being organised folk, we entered the exhibition area and methodically went down the first row, round the end, and up the next row, until we had covered, after breaking for refreshments, we continued where we had previously left off and therefore saw all stands.

Now to return to a particukar stand later, that was something else!

hi, we visited on saturday as day visitors, queued for ages, when we approached the showground we saw marshalls carrying overflow parking signs and thought that we were'nt even going to be able to get into the show. We did eventually get in but if we had followed directions from the marshall, we would have ended up in the camping section, so we made our own way down towards the end of the parking area and a marshall there finally directed us to park.

We too were disappointed in the mud, especially in the catering area, I know that the weather had been bad on the Friday, but we thought that the ground could have been better prepared.

I had one of my allergy days (hayfever symptoms) so I sneezed my way around the show, I still enjoyed the day and only managed to visit the dealer stands, we missed all the accessory stands as we ran out of time.

The worst thing for us was the queue for the event. We visited the Lincoln show and Malvern Show earlier in the year and didnt experience queues at either of these shows.

We will have to leave home even earlier next year I suppose.

parkmoy - 2007-09-26 9:08 AM

I have to say I also found the layout very confusing and the map in the show guide very unhelpful. Why not group the accessories together?

Do you think the organisers will read this thread and take note???

Hi parkmoy

Perhaps they just may.

Last year there were some adverse comments made about the Lincoln show and one of the organisers joined in to reply - but it was on the thread about Linclon Show not on the Motorhome Matters Forum.

Regards, David

Archived