DometicRM7291L fridge

Wilson

Could anyone please shed some light on the problem with my fridge? It is a DometicRM7291L and has stopped working on 240 volt after just two years service. It was working fine on mains the last time I used it a couple of weeks ago but when I came to switch it on the mains this time to cool it down for my next trip nothing. I have looked at all the main connections I can find and they seem all ok. I have taken off the outside vents but can see no main cables or connections. As the fridge still works sufficiently on gas and 12 volt I do not think I should take it out from it’s housing for a further look as I might damage the gas connection and end up with no fridge at all whilst away next. Any ideas what might be wrong or is this a matter for the local service agent/Motorhome service dept? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wilson

:-(

Caravan fridges I have had have used rod-shaped heaters that slip into pockets on the heating chimney/flue. You should be able to locate and feel these through the removable vents, and see if the 240 volt one is getting hot when switched on (care obviously needed to avoid burning oneself!!). If no heat, then 240v heater is u/s. I would guess that if the fridge is working on gas and 12v then the fault must be to do with the 240v heater. I have also known the heaters to become dislodged from their pockets while traveling on very rough roads, but nowadays they are probably fastened down by cable clips etc.

Wire off the thermostat?.

Wire pulled out of the terminal block?.

Does the mains light on the fridge come on?

If not its loss of supply. Fuse, Isolator etc.

If the mains light does come on then thermostat or element are favourite.

If in doubt consult a professional.

C.

Wilson, what's the 'van its fitted in please? I ask because recently a customer came back with the same problem after somebody else fitted a new thermocouple to his fridge. I spent about an hour checking it out only to discover that Autocruise wire the mains to the fridge via a switch in the wardrobe and this was switched off. Could yours be this simple?

D.

Archived