September MMM - Thetford Loos

Arwen

In September's MMM magazine (which I have lost) there was an item I think in the practical matters section - which said that Thetford had approved the addition of ???????? to the flush tank, to prevent the algae black streaking on flushing.

My memory says the addition was bleach - but can anyone confirm or give me the name of the correct additive.

I have tried ringing Thetford but it would appear their office if closed.

Thank you to anyone who can help - twould be much appreciated.

Arwen - 2007-09-28 2:20 PM

In September's MMM magazine (which I have lost) there was an item I think in the practical matters section - which said that Thetford had approved the addition of ???????? to the flush tank, to prevent the algae black streaking on flushing.

My memory says the addition was bleach - but can anyone confirm or give me the name of the correct additive.

I have tried ringing Thetford but it would appear their office if closed.

Thank you to anyone who can help - twould be much appreciated.

Hello Arwen,

I think the story you are referring to is in the latest (October) issue - page 226 - which discusses using vinegar or Milton. There is also a FAQ on the Thetford web site Here which says use Milton.

Graham

Thanks for your response - at the time you wrote, I read the relevant part of the October issue. Now just waiting for the rain to stop before emptying the flush tank, and washing it out. Access (beyond the glass tube) was a mystery til I found the item in MMM October - having taken a look, I wish I'd known about it sooner :-D :-D . Algae are having a field day - but not for long now >:-(

Guest starspirit
Bleach will ruin all the rubber seals and they are pricey and not all of them are always in stock so I would NEVER add bleach to a portable loo of any make.

Archived