Air suspension Info required

AndrewJo

I would be please if anyone knows if you can get (or where )any air ride suspension assisters or spring that fix to the alko indespension suspension system chassis on my Burstner A class I 690 elegance I’m fed up with the back grounding on the sleeping policemen on the roads or the ramps when loading on the ferries also any fitting info

Guest JudgeMental

try the "search" feature on here first, but remember to click the "date limit box" and select "all posts" just tried and a few threads on subject popped up.

MMM magazine carries adverts from companies specializing in air ride as well :-D

I've had it on a few pick up trucks and fitted it myself not to difficult if you have the right tools. they do specific kits for different vehicles including motorhomes.

Here is the e-mail and phone number of a guy I know who fits it. We met him on the aire at Narbonne Plage in June. He has a van of his own that he fitted it to I don't know costs or what it is like as we don't need it on our van. But he is a nice guy!

email@bbmotorfactors.co.uk

phone: 01925411155

fax: 01925634478

His name is Phil Berry.

Good luck

Thanks you two for your speedy reply

I have looked at the air assisted suspension units fitted to the normal leaf & coil springs But my motor home has been fitted with Indespension suspension which is like trailer suspension fitted in the axel with only a swing arm showing near the wheel I cannot see why alko have fitted this type although in some of the web sites it states that a 75kg weight saving is achieved I hope that someone knows or has a type of suspension assister fitted to this make of axel

Further advice would be greatly appreciated

I don't know of any air assisters that can be fitted to the AlKo type chassis and swing arm suspension. What exactly is the problem though? Is the ride too hard or is it suffering "saggy bottom syndrome"? If the ride is too hard for your liking then I'm sorry to say I don't think there is much to be done. If its "saggy bottom" then its worth checking that the torsion bars haven't fractured, not an unheard of result to them not being greased.

D.

Thank you very much JudgMental Contacted air suspension and talked to Phil a very helpful chap

They are the only retro fit air suspension units on the market at the moment

I tried looking on the internet and couldn’t find anything

How did you do it?

I owe you a pint

Thanks again

It just goes to show how useful this site

is :-D

Guest JudgeMental
Andrew&Jo - 2007-10-01 1:05 PM

Thank you very much JudgMental Contacted air suspension and talked to Phil a very helpful chap

They are the only retro fit air suspension units on the market at the moment

I tried looking on the internet and couldn’t find anything

How did you do it?

I owe you a pint

Thanks again

It just goes to show how useful this site

is :-D

Well....... we aim to please genuine enthusiasts:-D

still cant find air ride in Dublin, sure they could help as well and price may be better....

As for a drink his Lordship is tea total, don't you know? ;-)

• 1 month later...

Had air assisted suspension fitted last week to my Renault based Hymer, by AS Air Suspension. I am well impressed with the end result. It took 3 hours to fit. My gas locker bottomed on the hump back bridge on the way to the workshop, but cleared it on the way home. The controls are behind the passenger seat with the compressor fitted next to the leisure battery. It takes less than a minute to pressurise the system and lifts the back end by at least 4 inches. With independant circuits, it is possible to adjust the ride hide from one side to the other, and even helps levelling on site.

Maximum pressure is about 6 bar, but at half that, the vehicle sits as if it's unloaded.

Phil from AS left to go on holiday two days after, but phoned me from Belgium to make sure that I was happy with everything.

Archived