mpg questions

sreve

Hi Simon, dont let the string thing put you off Ive experienced it myself. There a good bunch really (apparantly) (lol)

Anyhow in response to your question it's quite simple.

My van is a 6 birth carrico on a fiat 2-0 jtd.

Top speed is in excess of 85 mph

fuel economy ranges from 22 mpg - 28mpg dependant on speed travelled.

0-60 is eventually.

However my van is remapped

prior to remap it was

Top speed 70 if lucky,lightly loaded and downhill

fuel econmy was never worse than 25 mpg and at best 30 mpg

0-60 was the next day.

What I would say is this. if MPG is very important to you then consider a panel van. Motorhomes will eat fuel thats a fact. Any you chose will. Therefore best to concentrate on the layout and comfort of driving. The fact is that a motorhome will require fuel, and you soon just get used to putting it in and accepting you need it as part of your holiday. Another thing for you to consider is that MPG economy will be irrelivant if you are abroad as fuel is generaly cheaper. If you were getting 10 mpg in Luxembourg it wouldn't bother you

(lol) (lol) :D :D :D

Simon. we owned a 1.9TD Peugeot coachbuild brom new, Aug 1997, until Jan 2007 when we traded it in for a 2.2

I keep records of all journeys, fuel amount and costs. Over 56,200 miles it averaged 26:72 m.p.g .That was with a roof box fitted and loaded with (non essential?) bits and bobs. Most of the mileage was completed in Europe at average speeds of 55/60 m.p.h.

As an aside we find the 2.2 far superior!!!

Regards, Mike.

Archived