Autoclutch-urgent

peteS

Could some kind soul who has a autoclutch fitted by TB pm me so that I can swap phone numbers.

I need to speak with someone about how it is fitted before I have one fitted.

I am getting conflicting info form my disabled vehicle technician.

Thanks

Pete

I've not had one fitted but I have driven a few vehicles on which it was fitted, what exactly do you need to know?

The electric motor/gearbox unit mounts under the bonnet and a cable goes from there through the bulkhead to pull the clutch pedal down. A button mounted on the gearknob operates the system. I have one customer who has an artificial left leg so clutch usage is very difficult for him, he has the autoclutch and it works a treat for him.

D.

Hi Pete, i have it fitted to my marquis lacashire aka auto sleeper neuavo.

i have a disability affecting my left leg, and have found it money well spent.

i have had it adjusted so that it creeps along in first gear, when in heavy traffic, as this is when driving is the most unpleasnt to me, you need to have the adjustments done at tb turbo to suit you, as they plug their gismo into it to make any alterations for your driving style.

it does take a little getting used to, and being able to switch it off eaisly for servicing cuts out a lot of questions and answers when you hand over the keys.

david at tb turbo's is the man you want to talk to;01526 467 157

hope this helps

pete

We have an Autocruise Starspirit with one fitted, although we have not used it, so can be of no use re your query I'm afraid. However, we are about to try & sell, & wonder if anyone could advise an advertising outlet apart from the usual avenues? We're sure its a very useful addition to the van.

Thanks guys all sorted now, just me panicking a bit and my disabled vehicle fitter being an Ar@***le.

I already have a Nuevo with a autoclutch fitted and have done 13500 miles with it.

We are now changing the van to a Hymer van 572 from Hymer UK. Due to my disability (no right leg) I need an autoclutch and a left foot throttle.

TB are doing the autoclutch but cannot do the throttle. This is ok I can get the van home just with the clutch done.

I will then need to go to my other fitter to have the flip throttle sorted, and when I rang him he was giving me a load dire verbal that he would need to re do the autoclutch because of all the gubbins in the footwell and charge me an arm and a leg for the privelege.

Don't believe all the rubbish that you hear about getting the VAT of if disabled, all they do is hike the price up.

Bear in mind that I have spent well over £3000 with this guy in the last 2 years.

Basically I think he is moaning that he hasn't got the full job, which I did offer to him if he would travel to Preston.

I rang David and he put my mind at rest, saying the system my guy was on about is a totally different system to the one he fits.

Thanks again

Pete

Archived